Which Clutch Is Best??

AntEP82

Member +
I need a new clutch for my car and would like opinions on which you think is best to go for.

I'm looking for a paddle clutch and need something that can handle over 200 lb ft torque

Thanks in advance

AntEP82

Member +
My mate had a very bad experience with an exedy paddle clutch..... it managed to break after 800 miles while running his engine in and then when he sent it back they wouldn't give him another one as they said it had been 'abused' which is blatent rubbish.

Budget would be 200-350 i think mayb a little more if it's worth it

Rumel786

Member +
TBH iv put in a new exedy paddle clutch & not had any problems with it what so ever.

Not sure how much torque/bhp the TRD clutches can handle but my old one worked fine :)

Adam-Gt-

Member +
Dan_ep82 has a exedy paddle on his car and he gives that thing right shit seems to be ok still at 292 bhp

AntEP82

Member +
have a look at these very reasonably priced and alot of people are using them

They seem quite expensive and probably don't need such an extreme one coz i'll only be running 200-220 bhp (hopefully)

Yea i know plenty of people have exedy clutches and have had no problems but i have seen other ppl having problems and just doesnt seem right that they won't replace a clutch that has only done 800 miles.... and very little stress during those miles. Doesn't fill me with confidence, you know?

starlet666

Member +
acs extreme clutch is same as mine..... 300 bhp and abuse it daily..... done 10000kms now and had it out 3 times and looks like new still

http://catalogue.xtremeclutch.com.au/catalogue.htm

the one i have is pretty much the best one they do for the starlet and uses a different plate and a custom pressure plate but the DCBHD kit would b fine for u

cushined button (paddle) for better drivability or if u want a solid paddle DSBHD

cushin button is good for a daily though as it gives a little bit of slip like a full plate clutch but bite hard when it has to
had one of them in my celica and wouldnt go any other way for a mild but tough daily driver clutch....

Last edited:

AntEP82

Member +
acs extreme clutch is same as mine..... 300 bhp and abuse it daily..... done 10000kms now and had it out 3 times and looks like new still

http://catalogue.xtremeclutch.com.au/catalogue.htm

the one i have is pretty much the best one they do for the starlet and uses a different plate and a custom pressure plate but the DCBHD kit would b fine for u

cushined button (paddle) for better drivability or if u want a solid paddle DSBHD

cushin button is good for a daily though as it gives a little bit of slip like a full plate clutch but bite hard when it has to
had one of them in my celica and wouldnt go any other way for a mild but tough daily driver clutch....

Any idea if they ship to uk and prices... can't see them on the website :(

starlet666

Member +
u will have to find a uk dealer mate.... they ship worldwide and prices will vary... i paid about 800aud for mine so if u went for one of them u would b looking at about 4-600aud plus shipping at a guess but it will b the last clutch u ever wanna use

Ogura ORC 309DS clutch/flywheel kit, the best i've known for the tuned starlets (here in Gozo many tuned glanza/gts uses this clutch) they really handle around 400bhp very gd and not that 'hard' to use (not easy on your foot either). Its expensive but really worth it. It cost me around €700 to get from Japan (without shipping).