which turbo is better?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
give us an idea of what your looking for in your car.. performance, track use, fast road use... sprinting, top end grunt....

each turbo youve mentioned are all differnt sizes obviously the GT28R being alot bigger then the other too thus giving alot more lag but alot more power at the end of it.....

vanderburg89

Fresh Recruit
just looking for fast road use, 0-60 time isnt really important more interested in over taking power. that give you a better idea.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
some good pull through the rev range.....

i would go for the TD04 to be honest...

quick sprinting with minimal lag would be a CT9, hybrid it even better, depending on spec of hybrid can get a good 210-220hp.....

the TD04 will give you the overall grunt, mid range power with a bit of lag but has been proven as a cheap and very good performing turbo for the starlet.....

thats my opinion.. everyone has different ones but im sure i have alot of guys to back me up....

TurboDave

Member +
From what I have read around 4000rpm, and then when it comes on boost you may as well not even have 1st or 2nd gear.

villen25

Member +
what kinda of turbo can i get to boost at 3300-3500ish? we hav a lot of hills in st thomas, need quick boost. I was going to get a td04 but its not looking so again

Dan3SGTE

Member +
hybrid CT9 then mate if you want the poke and quick boost too..... on a 1.3 engine your limited in a good combination really......

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I'm sure I hit 1bar by 4k on my hybrid. It starts spooling almost straight away and pulls all the way thru to the red line.

around what rpm does a td04 hit full boost on a 4efte?

if u research the tdo4...u will realise that the range usually is 2000 rpm for spool........and 4000rpm for full boost......now u will also realise that some people get it to start spoling (+-1500rpm) earlier and full boost also earlier (+-3500rpm)......u can tune your car with a proper piggy back or standalone........thats why ignition control is so important and not just fuel control

and then there are other ways to get a little earlier spool---shorter piping, proper flowing/cooling intercooler, proper built manifold (maybe shorter runners) and downpipes, etc....

to get a good responsive tdo4l set up aint that hard....

the total car must be built properly----engine, turbo, exhaust and management should compliment each other

villen25

Member +
if u research the tdo4...u will realise that the range usually is 2000 rpm for spool........and 4000rpm for full boost......now u will also realise that some people get it to start spoling (+-1500rpm) earlier and full boost also earlier (+-3500rpm)......u can tune your car with a proper piggy back or standalone........thats why ignition control is so important and not just fuel control

and then there are other ways to get a little earlier spool---shorter piping, proper flowing/cooling intercooler, proper built manifold (maybe shorter runners) and downpipes, etc....

to get a good responsive tdo4l set up aint that hard....

the total car must be built properly----engine, turbo, exhaust and management should compliment each other

and i will get way more out of a td04 than a hybrid, i was just concern about the hills... i was soon going to purchase another car... and was planning on working on my gt around that time

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
hmmm, maybe I'm wrong then. To be fair I've only just had everything set up so I've spent more time planting it and laughing than keeping an eye on the rev counter!