Who reckons their insurance is expensive?

wee-jo

Member +
Anyone who thought they were getting shafted on the price of their insurance, think again! My insurance is now potentially 2400 on the glanza!! wtf!! only paid 5k for the car, you guys reckon I should cancel the policy and get a new quote when I'm 21 or just pay an get on with it?

wee-jo

Member +
I'm 20 now, but last year had a run in with a collectors porsche and based on the damage caused they added 1000 onto my 1400 policy, was considering cancelling it and driving my mums car, can get insured on her car for 60 quid up until january! what do you reckon I should do? I've already paid of the original quote of 1400, reckon I should pay te extra or sell and use my mums till i'm 21?

Kelly

Member +
you certainly picked a good car run into didnt you :p

That quote is more than i paid for my ep! i would not pay that for a car! I would be payin less than that on an evo9 etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
how can they just add £1000? you pay your premium and then the excess ontop if you need to claim. doesnt matter if you drove into a prosche garage and wrote off every car in there.

thats the whole point in insurance, so you dont have to shell out loads of cash if you hit an expensive car.

even so, £1400 sounds alot. i never payed that much for mine back when i got my starlet.

GT_Neil

Member +
1400 is about right for 20 i would say.

well thats what it is roughly for me, but i had no ncb and 3 points at the time.

As dac69er said how the hell can they charge more cos you hit a really expensive car, it should go up the same no matter what you hit???

wee-jo

Member +
dac69er - they added it because when I sent away all the documents, I was under the assumption that I had 1 years ncb because quinn told me that because the boy in the porsche had been persuaded not to claim on his insurance, it wouldn't affect my ncb as there was no claim from his company to quinn. So they sent me documents saying oh turns out you dont have ncb and have a claim, right so due to the cost of repairs etc that would work out at 1000 on top of your premiums. Just when I thought I was not gonna be skint anymore eh. Yeah and the gt turbo is cheaper to insure anyway, so might sell the glanza and get a cheapo gt or jus drive my mums car till I hit 21

Kelly - haha I know, and the worst part was it was some well rare example, plus the guy was a tweed jacket wearing ponce and was "most distressed" and had "many sleepless nights lol

So I dunno wether I should pay the extra or not, any input guys??

wee-jo

Member +
gt neil - well I thought I had 1 years ncb and I only actually started to drive when I was 19 plus I had 3 points aswell. What did you have no ncb for?

kieran.s gt

Member +
i would say wait untill ur 21 if you can cause that is a rip off
have u tried other insurance companies for a better price

wee-jo

Member +
yeah man, sky wont touch you till youve had 2 years driving experience, which I'll have in december

GT_Neil

Member +
I kept changing insurance companys, then i found my love for jap cars and that was it.

Oh and some old dear pulled out infront of me on a roundabout so even though the claim went againts her i still lost my ncb because the repair cost to my car was huge!

but now i have 1 year, woop! lol

I say wait untill your 21, thats what i'm doing at the moment.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
You may want to try other insurers mate, i was paying 840 when i was 20 and that was on an EP82 .. you shouldnt be paying much more than £1000 but obviously you have a crash also.

wee-jo

Member +
You may want to try other insurers mate, i was paying 840 when i was 20 and that was on an EP82 .. you shouldnt be paying much more than £1000 but obviously you have a crash also.

I have only found 3 companies that insure glanzas, a-plan, adrian and sky, their not as easy to insure as gt's

wee-jo

Member +
I kept changing insurance companys, then i found my love for jap cars and that was it.

Oh and some old dear pulled out infront of me on a roundabout so even though the claim went againts her i still lost my ncb because the repair cost to my car was huge!

but now i have 1 year, woop! lol

I say wait untill your 21, thats what i'm doing at the moment.

Thats what I'm leaning towards mate, how much is insurance on your celica?

GT_Neil

Member +
Thats what I'm leaning towards mate, how much is insurance on your celica?

insurance is stupid on the celica, was over 2k :(

Also when your 21 there are more companies that insure a glanza i think.

Quinn are one of them, i'm sure there are more.

wee-jo

Member +
insurance is stupid on the celica, was over 2k :(

Also when your 21 there are more companies that insure a glanza i think.

Quinn are one of them, i'm sure there are more.

Haha, well mines is even stupid-er lol, well looks like i'll be borrowing mums almera for 6 months:( its only 40 pound a month for me to get insured on it:rockon:

Gilly2006

Member +
i was planning to get a GT but my insurance went up from 1400 to 1800! so thats out of the window for me. its just unreal, daylight robbery!!

AdDaMan

Member +
i used to pay 3k for insurance! that was back when no company even knew what a glanza was. had a right job getting insured then! was worth it though...!

wee-jo

Member +
i was planning to get a GT but my insurance went up from 1400 to 1800! so thats out of the window for me. its just unreal, daylight robbery!!

God, I would love to be in that position! 1800 is nuthing compared to the price I'm paying!