Whole car shudders

Fez

Member +
Hi guys,

I was on a drive on some open roads over here and experienced a strange shudder through the whole car once I was hitting around 90 KM/h. Could anyone be able to tell me what could be the cause please?

There is no problem on low revs/ speeds, just when on a higher speed. I'm on a full stock setup btw ;)

Thanks

dark_knight

Member +
rims & tires

rims/wheels and tires if you ask me. check that your rims have no dings in them and that they are properly balanced. also, tire pressure should be even, at least across each axle (front & rear).
check those and report back..

Fez

Member +
Thanks for the input guys. Havent had the road to push a bit and check out if the adjusted tyre pressures has done the trick :) being the holiday season over here, there's too many vehicles and people on the road. I will for sure let you know the results.

Fez

Member +
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delayed input. Been a long weekend.
I re-checked my Tyre pressures and also the rims don't have any damage. Still have the problem :(
Now feels like the car is on a gentle wobble even on low speeds, say 40-60 Km/H in 3-4th gear. Any thoughts?

sx_turbo

Lifer
one of the tyres may be out of shape, swap the back to the front and see if the problem persists,

also check engine mounts,

check the ball joints track rod end

check the wheel bearing, and check the hub is done up tight,

i've just bought a daihatsu sportrak with the same sort of issues, and am in the process of looking at all the possibilities

gv1.3

Admin
interesting Ricky. The gf's car was making a weird noise from one of the wheels recently and we thought it might be a bearing. It turned out to be a a tire that was not completely round.

shanegt

Member +
Fez man i reckon your wheels need balancing.be worth bringing it to a garage and gettin it checked.
if it is the case it wont cost much to sort out.

Fez

Member +
Thanks, im will take your advice and get them all checked out.
one of the tyres may be out of shape, swap the back to the front and see if the problem persists,

also check engine mounts,

check the ball joints track rod end

check the wheel bearing, and check the hub is done up tight,

i've just bought a daihatsu sportrak with the same sort of issues, and am in the process of looking at all the possibilities

Fez

Member +
Thanks for the response guys, appreciate it. I will be out of town for the week, will pop into a garage and get the diagnosis done starting with the balancing. Will let you know how it goes