Why is my clutch so high

turboflow

Member +
I fitted a new clutch a few months back and put on a new fly wheel, i bled the system and it had a new slave cylinder last year. My clutch disengages and bites right at the very top and sometime in 4th or 5th it slips up, since i bought the car my clutch has always been set up high and it feels like its not fully engaged when it spin up is there something i can adjust to bring the biting point lower and give it more pressure
oh and im not running over 200horses more like 170-180
owen

finx

Member +
you can adjust the height of the pedal underneath the dash by winding the nut off. but this wont solve the slipping issue.

is there any free play in the shaft on the slave cylinder?
if not this is your problem. its either not correctly installed or it is to long and needs to be shorted until you have at least 1.5mm of free play.
this will also bring the engaging point of the pedal down.

turboflow

Member +
Ok so on the slave i should have a small gap between the end of the rod comin oit of the slave and the lever fork goin inot the box and thrust bearing

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Iv got the same problem the clutch bits to high up buts its new clutch not that old, Going to have to shorten the rod down abit

turboflow

Member +
its an exedy standard replacement, i have not checked it yet so there may not be a problem with the rod tand there could be the gap thier already

finx

Member +
the new slave cylinder if aftermarket could have a pin that is too long.
if you have the original still see if it is the same length.

its also possible the new slave is incorrect, i have seen many different make ones from various suppliers and the differences would shock you.
if the cylinder is to short this will cause it to not have enough clearance.

1st thing to check is if you actually have clearance and go from there.

sx_turbo

Lifer
WHAT BOOST YOU RUNNING?

standard clutches (from my experiance) tend to be high any way, mine has only been low since i changed the clutch for an exedy paddle clutch

turboflow

Member +
no since rebuild i think, i have checked it has no air in, clutch was the correct clutch, new slave and new flywheel

kieran.s gt

Member +
its an exedy standard replacement, i have not checked it yet so there may not be a problem with the rod tand there could be the gap thier already

have the same clutch and my bite point was high aswell straight after fitting it
i adjusted it at the pedal and it seems good now

durmz

Member +
i have the same clutch and i think its a bit wank, im only on standard boost and power and if i give alot of juice trying to get off the line quickly i swear it slips a little, only had it few months