Why run a td04 and not a td05???

ep828u

Fresh Recruit
hi all turbos are a big part of these lil cars so

what turbo does everyone run???

i have a vf10 off a subaru but am thinking of goin to a td04 or td05???
why dont ppl use the td05 over the td04????

jamesbaa

Member +
TD05 is much bigger so obviously your going to have a big increase in the lag! TD04 is much quicker spooling on the 4efte over the TD05!

well i think your rong im on a 5e build with a tdo5 16 g so the lag will be the same as the 16 g share the same size as the td04 exhaust side so lags going to be the same and depending on headgasket size and boost on the lag you want it can all be set up to spool quicker so thats why im using a td05 every one uses a td04 to me is to small nick at tm used a td06 to push 440 bhp as we all no and i heard it wasent that laggy compared to some members on here

dac69er

Super Moderator
the TD04 seems more redily available and is a nice match up with the engine. lag is minimal and you can get good power from them.

Rumel786

Member +
well i think your rong im on a 5e build with a tdo5 16 g so the lag will be the same as the 16 g share the same size as the td04 exhaust side so lags going to be the same and depending on headgasket size and boost on the lag you want it can all be set up to spool quicker so thats why im using a td05 every one uses a td04 to me is to small nick at tm used a td06 to push 440 bhp as we all no and i heard it wasent that laggy compared to some members on here

tdo4 on 4e compared to td05 on 4e, td05 will have more lag.......

So he is not wrong in a way however it all depends on the cars set up etc as to how much rpm it will take for the car to reach ful boost.

ep828u

Fresh Recruit
well here in nz td05 are so easy and cheap to get

so at the moment i am leaning more towards the td05

smythy75

Member +

Nick at tm???:confused:

Bazza

Member +
Nick at tm???:confused:

think he meant dave! lol

and im going to be running a td05 14g so wont be that laggy hopefully.

well actually i no it isnt laggy cuz i went in danes car when he had it and there wasnt lag to be honest with ya.

BallıGee

Member +
think he meant dave! lol

and im going to be running a td05 14g so wont be that laggy hopefully.

well actually i no it isnt laggy cuz i went in danes car when he had it and there wasnt lag to be honest with ya.

and your talking about a greddy td05 14b which is a different kettle of fish

too the ones you buy on ebay