why take of the efi pipe?

corofin12345

Member +
rite, il leave the pipe there 4 the time being until i get a relocation kit i think

all you need is a hose 2 fit wit a 90degree bend off the turbo and a small bit of aluminuim pipe and then another small bit of hose 2 filter..

DSC01797.jpg

the filter will slot in beside the rad if you have the aircon rad out

GT_Chris

Member +
It makes a big difference i reckon.....when i took mine off the turbo pulled alot harder and spooled up alot quicker........but sometimes it can boost spike so watch out for that.

GP82

Member +
Another thing is that it runs directly over the exhaust manifold soaking heat in! Think it's like 2 hp lost for an increase in temp of 7 deg celcius. You could have a 300hp car loosing like 40hp because of heat soak.

Lawrence

Member +
A point that has been missed for this guy is that you normally have to remove aircon to relocate dont know if you realise this.

addz

Member +
As above.

But watch out for fuelt cut with boost creep, don't forget now it'll be breathing better than the long EFI pipe.

Archergod

Fresh Recruit
I wanted to remove the EFI pipe however I realised theres the silicon hose that goes into the hi/lo solenoid and if I remove the EFI pipe where do I connect the silicon hose to? Thanks!