Wideband o2 sensors,

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i currently have a air fuel ratio guage but its still using the standard o2 sensor, ive been told that there not very good and a wideband o2 sensor would be alot better. is this what i need?
cheers guys

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeha you could go fo that one or the AEM Wideband. I personally have the AEM wideband in my car and when it was on the rolling road was almost spot on to the readings the tunner was getting. So from owning the AEM i can vote for it being my option out of the two.

pc18

Where can i get the AEM one then? are they easy to fit. will the new sensor be a straight swap for my standard one?

Thanks mate

G6Turbo

Member +
i believe ur standart O2 sensor has to stay in there for the ecu to operate corectly. U wil have to weld in another bung for the wide band....

Dane_Bristol

Member +
i believe ur standart O2 sensor has to stay in there for the ecu to operate corectly. U wil have to weld in another bung for the wide band....

Yeah i had to get another hole drilled into the decat pipe and the bumg that the sensor screws into is supplied with the Wideband kit. Very usefull kits !

pc18

Is there anywhere specific where the sensor has to go or can it just go below where my existing one is?
sensorlocation.jpg

i cant decide between the The Innovate lc1 with the XD-16 Guage or the AEM one in this link.

Are the are differences in them. i think the lc1 comes with some software, i can get it for about £231 delivered i think

ragz

Member +
lc-1 coming my way this week

should be mounted atleast 2 feet away from the turbo and away from prolonged heat

luv the xd-16 gauge