Will A Levin BZR Diff Fit A Glanza, GT Turbo Or Cynos Gearbox

Browner

Member +
Hiya lads I have a 6 speed Levin BZR box here and wanted to know will the diff fit into any of the 3 gearboxes above that I can bolt up to a Starlet? As far as I know the Glanza and GT boxes have an 8 stud crownwheel and the Cynos box has a 6 stud crownwheel. I think the Levin BZR box also has a 6 stud crownwheel. I have heard of lads doing it before but dunno if it's true. Can it be done and if so how?

Thanks,

Browner.

weeJohn

Lifer
There are 2 different diffs listed for the Levin, the different one is in the Superstrut model. The non Superstrut one looks like it will fit and the other is different somehow.

Browner

Member +
Just to clarify lads I do not want a 6 speed box I want to use the diff, if possible, and fit it into a 5 speed starlet box

grum-glanza

Member +
i would like to know this to cause i need a diff for my car are levin diff's lsd? and like browner i want the diff in a starlet box

sx_turbo

Lifer
was a member on here that had it, sure it been known about on here, maybe i getting my wires crossed somewhere but theres definately a 6 speed box about that bolts onto the starlet, or the internals swap over or someone,

he had a td05 on stock internals, and now has a forged up 4wd

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
The Corolla G6 6 speed has to have the bell housing changed to get it to fit the 4E block, never heard of any others that are a direct fit but.

Dave.

Member +
was a member on here that had it, sure it been known about on here, maybe i getting my wires crossed somewhere but theres definately a 6 speed box about that bolts onto the starlet, or the internals swap over or someone,

he had a td05 on stock internals, and now has a forged up 4wd

I remember that, and I'm sure it was pc18 :)

Dave

Texx

Super Moderator
The G6 has a 4E-FE so the box should be a direct fit, the G6-R has the 4A-FE so the bell housing would be different.

With reference to the OP's question, if the diff has come out of a C series box then it will most likely fit into another C series box. The main difference will be with the number of mounting holes for the ring gear. If the ring gear from your gearbox will bolt straight onto the Levin diff then it'll probably fit in your gearbox.

Texx

Super Moderator
A bit of a long winded way of looking at it, but here goes.

An NP90 (diesel Starlet) has the same front side transmission case (bell housing) as the Levin BZR.

The NP90 uses the same diff as a 5 speed 4E-FE EP91.

I'll take a guess and say a 4E-FE diff will physically fit a 4E-FTE gearbox, however the ring gears would likely have a different number of bolt holes and the number of teeth wouldn't match the pinion gear. (can anyone confirm this?)

So from that I would conclude that, yes the Levin BZR diff will fit into a 4E-FTE Starlet gearbox providing you can also bolt the ring gear from the 4E-FTE Starlet gearbox onto the Levin BZR diff.

Out of interest, what is so special about the Levin BZR diff?

weeJohn

Lifer
Most C series box diff pinion gear is the same part numbers, even the 4WD front diff pinion gear is the same as a GT. That got me very excited for a wee while lol.