will gt gearbox fit n/a

Jay

Admin
So long as both are non-LSD boxes you should be fine. The Toyota LSD box uses a different rear mount and shorter shaft which can make things difficult.

Jay

Rob H

Member +
You can use the n/a clutch or the turbo clutch but to use the turbo clutch you will also need the fly wheel as the turbo clutch has a bigger pressure plate and disc.

I dont think the turbo box is much stronger I have run over 250hp on a N/a box with no problems but the turbo box does have a higher ratio 5th gear to the N/A box so its better on the motor way I think.

steve-gers

Member +
So does this mean that the N/A and turbo engine and gearbox mounts are both the same? The reason I ask is I have an auto gt with dying bushes and need manual mounts so I can fit powerflex bushes and if the n/a ones were the same it would broaden my search a bit. Thanks

Rob H

Member +
The N/A and turbo manual mounts are practically the same they all will fit except the factory LSD box which has different mounts all together. The only difference with the N/A and turbo mounts is the exhaust hangers the N/A rear mount has two exhaust hangers on it but the turbo one don't. But they will still fit all the same only the LSD ones wont.