Win a Starlet raffle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smythy75

Member +
Hey Fellow tgtter's, just gauging interested to see who would be interested in buying a raffle ticket to win my GT @ 325 bhp.

The way it works is, each ticket is £100, so 60 entries, and the draw will be video recorded and then the results will be posted online and the winner informed.

so, buy a ticket at £100 and win yourself a well sorted GT!

Who Would Be interested?

details of car here : http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?74032-mk1-GT-325bhp-for-sale.

**update**
Hey everyone, so the list has started. Once there is 120 people I will decide a date for the draw, money will and can be paid on arrival on the day of the draw, as for international entries ie. Sheldon we can sort out another payment soloution near the time. 3 entries max per person.

I will update this as things evolve.

Peter.

Last edited:

D3N0

Member +
Good idea, but i think it might be better to change it to 120 entries at £50. im interested

gv1.3

Admin
better check their terms and conditions mate. As soon as we set up a raffle they froze our account as it is against their terms and conditions.

thanks for the heads up dylan! any other ideas of a way to pay?

Yes set up an account with nochex, phone them up and get a sole trader account, takes 5 minutes they are very good and take credit debit cards etc.

I'll buy one, you would need to have a time limit placed on it cus what if you only sell 60 tickets etc the raffle would still need to take place it can't just go on until you get 100 ticket sales.

smythy75

Member +
Yes set up an account with nochex, phone them up and get a sole trader account, takes 5 minutes they are very good and take credit debit cards etc.

I'll buy one, you would need to have a time limit placed on it cus what if you only sell 60 tickets etc the raffle would still need to take place it can't just go on until you get 100 ticket sales.

thanks.

as for ticket sales id have to write in my conditions that there has to be a minium amount of tickets sold or everyone gets a refund. only way to make sure then i dont get ripped of!

gv1.3

Admin
our raffle was for charity so we just set it up so people could give directly to the charity. Paypal alternatives such as nochex may also have some terms and conditions regarding raffles so just check it out before you go through any hassle with signing up etc. Also make sure you take in to account how much the transaction fees will be per transaction and check if the payment processor has a limit on the amount you can receive within a given timeframe.

I hate online payment systems so much as they are just a pain in the arse.

wesgt

Lifer
i'd buy one. i tried to do this before and supposedely down here its illegal to raffle something that you benefit from. if there was 50 entrants, the 49 that didn't win could sue you for the value of the top prize. or so i was told at the time.
i also found out that if its not advertised and kept within the confines of a club ie tgtt its ok, so i'm not sure. one way could be to have a meet and anyone that was interested could attend, pay on the day.
put all 50 names in a hat, have someone draw a name out 1 at a time, the name thats left is the winner, that way everyone knows they were in the hat!
but definitely count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.