window motor help needed urgent!!!!!!!!

westygtt

Member +
hi, the window motor blew on my 95 gt i bought another from this site but the plug connectors are different, my old 1 has only 2 wires (red & green) yet the new 1 has 5 (red green yellow blue black) can i modify the plug if so how?
please help
many thanks
westygtt

westygtt

Member +
ne ideas how as i dnt wanna do it wrong as i no motors are hard t come by n really want it working asap
thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
chances are the motor is fine and its the internals of the mechanism that are worn out. strip them both down and swap the good parts into your old motor.
if your motor is definitely burnt out then thats another story. you will have to chop it and then connect wires until it works unless you have a 12v supply or can trace what the wires actually do?

Jay

Admin
85710-10100 sounds like a drivers door Glanza V window motor.

I think Rory fitted one that I sent him to his EP82 a year or more ago. Throw him a quick PM in case he can offer anything.

squeekyduck

Member +
A glanza motor only has two wires also. The plugs are different but if you splice and join the wires it will work fine. I dont know what motor you have mate.

Here is a pic of a glanza window motor:

DSC00273.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
without stripping it apart a bit and either following or metering the wires out to find where they go its impossible to say what does what unless you can find a wiring diagram!?

lingl9z

Member +
as dac69er said its more than likely the internals or the mech thats busted - usualy the sur-clip pops off and gets wedged in the plastic cog stopping it from moving or making it bounce/drop etc, I took mine apart and replaced it with the cog from new motor and a new sir-clip from local diy store bit of grease and was good to go :)

lingl9z

Member +
think my motors burn out, sum1 kept sending the window up and down till it didnt move lol

if the surclip gets stuck in the right place mate it wont make any noise at all and it wont move! i know this because mine got stuck down lol, Open it up check if clips there, if is remove plug back in and test and see if the cog spins that will tell you if its really burnt out or not =D