Window Tint Idea - does this stuff exist?

Jack138

Member +
I was on the bus the other day and the bus had their logo on the side of the bus, all up the windows - but so you could still see out the logo was full of lots of tiny pinholes.

I thought it would make a great idea for a window tint design. From a distance (2metres+) everything has a blur to it so you can't see in and it stops the sun.

So I need to buy a vinyl sheet with loads of holes in, but I can't find one anywhere. Any ideas, does this exist or do I need a custom jobby?

I think it would still pass a 'tint test' 'cause the light metre will read all the light through the holes but will still give a great dark effect.

Closest thing I can describe it as is the sun shade blinds for cars, like these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNSHINE-KIDS-SOLAR-MAX-CAR-ROLLER-SUN-SHADE-BLIND-NEW-/220742965264?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33654e5810

You will need to go to a vehicle graphic/sign place to get it done.

There is only a tint test done on the windows forward of the B pillar to if you get the back three windows done you will be fine.

Jay

Admin
Actually seen this on a few GT's previously, I believe it was an option at one stage for the rear windows.

Like a fine perforated fabric applied to the inside. Here's the last breaker I had with it :

silver005.jpg

silver006.jpg

silver010.jpg

Jay

nanglebadger

Member +
^^^^now fitted to my brother's car from that breaker.

looks great and yes, visibility is perfectly fine through it and on the rear windows u can do as u please, so if u can find a graphics company to do it, it should be do-able!

Phil.

toyotagt

Member +
you couls get a clear sheet wit checquer (cant spell) or dots in black or silver ect... not a hard job by the printing companys