Woke up this mornin with a broken hand

glanzanut

Lifer
well was out for a few last night (well quite a lot actually) fell over and never thought anything of it!
woke up this morning with my hand like a balloon.
so went to a&e and found out my hand is broken :(
Something resembling this
xray.jpg

But the break in mine isnt as displaced as this and its the one for my pinky.
The nurse told me no work or driving for 6 weeks!
but im not happy thats right for a break like that so im goin to see my doctor tomoz for a second opinion.
bloody gutted though:(:freddy:

S

starlet300

fuck that looks painfull.

6 weeks seems quite a lot time not to drive

It soon flies by, ive had times when i havent been on the road for months!

Hope it gets better mate, you can still drive just dont come on boost.. as my mate found out in his rs turbo :p

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
well if its his good hand he will have to get some practice in with the other ha:p

Lmao I knew someone would say that as soon as I'd posted it :p:p

Was thinking about gear changing if it's his left, not so bad if its the right!

goldenvtr

Member +
lol did you use a random x-ray?

gutted for you if you cant drive for 6 weeks - but 6 weeks of work sounds good lol

glanzanut

Lifer
its my left hand and im left handed grrrr! anyone with medical experience could give an opinion? my mum is a midwife in the job 38 years and my sister is a nurse and they both say 6 weeks is bull shit. yeah just used a random x ray:freddy:

GT_Irl

Member +
its my left hand and im left handed grrrr! anyone with medical experience could give an opinion? my mum is a midwife in the job 38 years and my sister is a nurse and they both say 6 weeks is bull shit. yeah just used a random x ray:freddy:

Ya, I would have thought 3-4 max. Generally both physios and doctors will exagerate heal times too cover themselves and too make em look better when you miraculously heal a few weeks early:haha:

glanzanut

Lifer
6 weeks for healing they recommend but its gen alot less than that is there a cast involved?

yeah i have a half cast on mate. the reason im so annoyed is because the doctor who saw me first said 2-3 weeks. but the nurse(who had a serious attitude problem) who put the plaster on said no work or drivig at all for six weeks.
and i basically said surely not for a break on a bone like that, if i take it easy can i not have the cast off after a few weeks so i can drive.
to which she said no if u dont do what i tell u too you will never have the use of your hand again.
i mean come on, over reaction or what?:freddy:

scot-ish

Member +
a heard you went to punch mad walter, but his solid jaw broke yer hand haha

i broke mine a few years ago mate, sake sort of thing, and they told me the same thing, i took the shit off after bout 2 weeks, and went back to normal, and now when it gets really cold, my hand gets a bit sore, and if i get in a row, throw a punch, it kills for weeks, even at the kickboxing after a session its sore for a day like, so in all seriousness, i would leave it on aslong as you can afford too

i broke the similar bone where my thumb is, took me about 6 weeks to have the cast off and a few weeks after that for it to feel back to strength.

also bud, last season i snapped my colar bone playing rugby, i went back around the time they said it would be healed and broke it again on my 2nd game back.

if you rush healing it just makes it worse in the long run. you can have movements restricted by overworking bones too soon, so some functions can be lost

pig666eon

Member +
yeah taught about two to three weeks i had friend who broke his thumb and had the cast off within two weeks

now saying that it was just off and usable but it was still healing so any bad knocks or that could upset it

just got to mind it is all

i had to drive with my right arm in a sling for a couple of days years ago i wouldnt say the finger would be too much in the way if you take it handy :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
at least you know that it was a good night!!! if you fell broke an arm and didnt feel anything id say it was a verryyyy good one! :D

6 weeks off works sounds bloody great! 6 weeks without driving is shit :|

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Dude i'v woken up with scrape's an bruse's, even in a garden at 6 in the mrning :haha:

But never with anythink broken...

Time will fly past mate...

SupaStu

Member +
Sounds like youve been fightin with all those beers lol.

I broke my right hand knuckle on the small finger, and the small finger on my other hands after lots of beer and anger lol

Needed a cast on one, and a tight gauze on the other. I still get pains when doing weights, and recently playing squash it gets a wee bit sore, thats about 11 years after I done it!

It took mine months before they were back to normal, I couldnt even lift my finger where the knuckle was destroyed!

Take good care of them mate, you need em!! Don't rush the healing!