Worth repairing Cat C write-off

gtsi

Member +
Hi guy's

I need some advice.

It's been about a year since I wrote off my GT and since then it has sat on my drive. From the look of the damage, it is repairable, but I am wondering if it is worth the bother as it will still be a Cat C write off which is a pain from an insurance point of view and obviously will have a lower value.

Should I repair it myself and get it back on the road or should I try to get a shell from a one that has been broken for parts, but not written off, and transplant everything over.

I don't mind a bit of graft and I would need to do it all myself as cash is a bit tight (probably have to sell the carbon bonnet that thankfully wasn't on the car when I had the smash).

What do you all think?

Si

The price GT's are selling at you would be handier buying a shell of a broken EP82 and transferring everything over to your car. Thats what I would do anyway.
Christy

sx_turbo

Lifer
a cat c repair once done will have to be taken to a local dvla test station to inspect the qaulity of the repair and only then once it had the go ahead can you go and get ur tax etc etc etc.

it can be done, and can be done quite easily, a lot of cat c's can be repaired easily.

either sell it for spares, or repair it, or reshell it.

repair it will prob be easiest and less heart breaking

skyinsurance

Member +
Repair it.. for the price they are selling for at the moment cat c isn't going to make much difference to the price.

a cat c repair once done will have to be taken to a local dvla test station to inspect the quality of the repair and only then once it had the go ahead can you go and get ur tax etc etc etc.

Its a VIC check.. I dont think they check the quality of repair, they just check the identity of the vehicle.. correct me if am wrong?

I bought a Cat C'd Uno Turbo a WHILE AGO and it went through with no problems.. the repair job was awful!