Worth the wait?

WantsGT

Fresh Recruit
Well if you have read my welcome post your see im saving for a GT, but its going to be when my insurance next runs out which is July 2010...a long time i know but im using this time to save and all the rest of it.

Is this going to be worth the wait?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
most definatly mate.

Wont find a more fun car to drive i tell thee...

Im 23 & had mine for 3 years & it still puts a smile on my face :drive:

gv1.3

Admin
of course it is!

I waited about 2 years before I got my glanza. I couldnt find one I liked and eventually I came across the one I wanted and snapped it up. Do it right... save up... get your insurance sorted... then when you finally get her she will be everything you wanted :D

Rumel786

Member +
Well if you have read my welcome post your see im saving for a GT, but its going to be when my insurance next runs out which is July 2010...a long time i know but im using this time to save and all the rest of it.

Is this going to be worth the wait?

From driving a golf v6 4 motion i get more fun from the starbo.

Sell the pug & dont look back.

What you looking for? a GT of Glanza?

If you are looking for a GT get a MK1, theuy are sex on wheels :rockon:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
To be fair its only really the front lights and rear boot lid that are different between the Mk1 and Mk2....

Its definitely worth it.......... Really fun cars. More fun then most IMO and that its biggest attraction for me..

gv1.3

Admin
Its definitely worth it.......... Really fun cars. More fun then most IMO and that its biggest attraction for me..

sums up the reason I still have my glanza.

Ive driven loads of cars with a hell of a lot more power and luxury than the Glanza but not even half the amount of fun. I try explaining this to people who ask why I am driving an 11 year old starlet and they just dont get it - you need to own one :)

On a side note I couldnt live with one as a daily driver though but thats down to personal preference, some can some cant.

WantsGT

Fresh Recruit
I would need it for an everyday car, but being well looked after and serviced that should be fine???

gv1.3

Admin
I would need it for an everyday car, but being well looked after and serviced that should be fine???

mate they are bulletproof but like all cars they will get less reliable the more you tune them.

A word of warning... and I will probably get slated for this but its my experience so I will share it with you anyway. If you are going to use it as a daily driver dont put coilovers on it. That would be the main reason I stopped using mine. It makes it feel like a go Kart which is great at the weekends when you want something different but if you are driving it everyday and on long distance drives coilovers can quickly become tiresome banging you around all over the place, at least my TRD's did.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Ive owned mine for 3 years and never looked back at it, best thing i done and best car ive owned :)

Paid well over the odds on insurance to start off with but all worked out well now :).

Its well worth the wait.

graeme

Fresh Recruit
They really are awesome cars, most of the time when i drive mine i have a huge grin on my face! i was quite lucky i didnt have to wait for insurance to be cheap enough and i found a good example pretty sharpish.

Theyre properly good fun these things

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
To be fair mate your probably asking the wrong people! We all love our Starbo's! But thats because they are fucking epic!

Jaak

Member +
Im doing the same as you WantsGT, I had to get a Glanza S to get cheaper insurance.
One more year waiting left then I'll finally have a GT!
Damn insurance for being such a rip-off!

WantsGT

Fresh Recruit
Is there any link someone could send to show me the difference in spec between a Glazan and a GT? would be very useful thanks

Insurance is always a rip off these days! Im going to try Sky as thats what a few people have said try.

Phil

Super Moderator
i bought my gt almost a year before i was able to insure it.

very worth it i found :)

and she is a daily driver, 70miles plus a day, im using shocks and springs rather than coilovers as dylan said, pretty much a needed comfort.

so all the best with the hunt for a GT or a glanza, enjoy :)

Phil

EP824U

Member +
I've had 2 and now that I got spare money as I'm living at home again I regret selling both. U get so much bang per buck! Loadsa info and clever n helpful guys on here, Along with reputable tuners such a dave B. If your looking for ur first propper car to 'do up' and make your own; the gt turbo is unbeatable.
Talking about it makes we wana get another lol :(

EP824U

Member +
Is there any link someone could send to show me the difference in spec between a Glazan and a GT? would be very useful thanks

Insurance is always a rip off these days! Im going to try Sky as thats what a few people have said try.

If yout talking about power, glanza is the same spec as the gt, just has an extra blade in the turbine to account for the acute weight gain. All the other differences are mainly cosmetic.