xbox 360. worth buying or not?

dac69er

Super Moderator
noticed they are cheap as chips. im not a massive gamer but they are cheap, have decent games and online play.

i cant see the ps3 is worth over twice as much. any opinions?

mcleod

Member +
you've answered your own question mate lol. just go get one lol
yeah they are quality mate and whats £40 quid every 12 months

Iain@CRD

Lifer
The XBOX 360 is absolutey amazing mate, id grab one now there that cheap if i didnt buy it when it first came out.

Live is great as well and really you can go wrong with them. Its down to personal taste whether you fancy Sony or Microsoft.

Iain

dac69er

Super Moderator
cant see the ps3 dropping to anything like im willing to pay tbh. mainly want it to see me through the long boring cold winter months.

apart from a blue ray player i would never use the ps3 doesnt seem to have any other redeeming features

SupaStu

Member +
I love the xbox, great games, but it depends what you want from a system, but I go by what games I want, so xbox for me as I love Halo, Gears of War, Forza etc, I also prefer the xbox controllers.

My bro has a PS3 as hes a sony person and loves all the gadgetry, and uses the blu-ray, (xbox can still play normal dvds.)

Best advice is to try the two, see if you like the games/controllers/online play/ etc and go from there.

GTdan

In The Closet
lol, ive got a ps3, but ben keeps trying to persuade me to join the 360 gang.....now i have split with the galfriend(who bought me the ps3 in first place for xmas) im soooo tempted to sell it to swap!

dac69er

Super Moderator
the ps3 does look like a betamax player though ;)

going to go buy a new pc in a bit so will have a look around then.

dan

Member +
lol, ive got a ps3, but ben keeps trying to persuade me to join the 360 gang.....now i have split with the galfriend(who bought me the ps3 in first place for xmas) im soooo tempted to sell it to swap!

do it, and join us online :):freddy:

Dave.

Member +
I love my 360! Do it mate, you'll not regret it at all :)

The new pro evo is insanely good, so get that too ;)

Dave

dac69er

Super Moderator
hate football games.

im more into fps (but find on consoles they are a bit awkward apart from goldeneye and perfect dark on n64), rpgs and racing games.

the xbox does seem to cater for these types of games quite well. really need a new tv too as im still on a second hand crt 21" tv ;)

Rick

Trader
I'd love either a 360 or a PS3 but I already lose so much of my life to World of Warcraft I reckon my wife would kill me LOL!!!

Dave.

Member +
hate football games.

shocked-smiley-9444.gif

In that case, the COD series are insanely good! :D Get a few of them too!