Yehaw Cars back on the road

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Put the car back together today, took her out for a run and she's running sweet.

I've noticed a fair bit more lag going from the 1.2mm stock HG to a 1.8mm Cruise one, but that could also be due to the fueling being thrown from the cams or the ignition timing being slightly out on the dizzy.

She's idling a little high when fully warmed up, around 1200rpm so need to trim thay out, also she's quite jerky when traveling at low rpms, she always was a bit with the 550cc injectors though.

I really shouldn't have but I give er a go at the boost Chris and myself got up to while mapping before lifting the head/blowing the HG and it's just scary, I got goose bumps everywhere! But that's all she's getting untill my next appointment with Chris.

KrissyB

Member +
Put the car back together today, took her out for a run and she's running sweet.

I've noticed a fair bit more lag going from the 1.2mm stock HG to a 1.8mm Cruise one, but that could also be due to the fueling being thrown from the cams or the ignition timing being slightly out on the dizzy.

She's idling a little high when fully warmed up, around 1200rpm so need to trim thay out, also she's quite jerky when traveling at low rpms, she always was a bit with the 550cc injectors though.

I really shouldn't have but I give er a go at the boost Chris and myself got up to while mapping before lifting the head/blowing the HG and it's just scary, I got goose bumps everywhere! But that's all she's getting untill my next appointment with Chris.

sweet as matey PICS PICS PICS

Phil

Super Moderator
a super project spuddy, you should take the time to document it mate! youd get project of the month probably not to mention the enjoyment you'll have just reading back through it all at a later date!

Phil

A

Animal GT

good man spuddy!! am impressed mate;)! ya realy dont hang around do ya...lol great to see it,get some vids and pics up lad

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I was surprised I was able to do all the work myself! When I seen the tray of bits after taking the head off I though't I'd never get it back on! But it was all actually very easy.

I left a little bund thing off that goes in at the end of the intake cam housing and the first start up produced a nice oil puddle, but appart from that little hiccup which was easily fixes, the rest has gone smoothly.

Either of u 2 going up on Sunday?

A

Animal GT

I was surprised I was able to do all the work myself! When I seen the tray of bits after taking the head off I though't I'd never get it back on! But it was all actually very easy.

I left a little bund thing off that goes in at the end of the intake cam housing and the first start up produced a nice oil puddle, but appart from that little hiccup which was easily fixes, the rest has gone smoothly.

Either of u 2 going up on Sunday?

ill be there

A

Animal GT

nope mate,have just moved into new house so now am extra broke..lol

yea i do hope its going to be dry!!! itl be a disaster if it isnt

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Congrats!!! I retract my previous statement, now I think its a whole new level of brokeness!

It is all good though, thats wot it's all about in the end. :)

A

Animal GT

ahh thats it man,ya gota keep them close.:)

so ya have her finished do ya??fully loaded etc?ya should call down..

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye finished bar a little more boost, I'm meeting Chris then I'll call down when it's safe to give it some stick :)