Yet another problem ... Bogging down

OllieTurbo

Member +
Well fixed the stange noise i was getting which turned out to be the boost controller being set up wrong like everyone said. Set it all back up to 1.4 bar, drove perfectly. Turned the car off for 30mins, went back out for a quick drive, and the only way to describe how it drives is its like the hand brakes on till u hit boost at about 4k , even then its not like it should be. Any ideas, getting pissed with it now, may just bang it on piston heads and be done with it :(

anyone got any ideas :confused:

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you checked all the hoses between the MAP sensor and inlet manifold are still connected?

krisbutler02

Fresh Recruit
There are no boost leaks , all vacuum hoses are fine and all cliped up,

manual boost controller now , al sensors are wired in ,

just feel as if its on choke or somthing

Texx

Super Moderator
Is the stock MAP sensor still being used to measure 1.4bar of boost? The stock MAP sensor should be mounted on the bulkhead behind the inlet manifold.

OllieTurbo

Member +
pretty sure i got a 3bar map sensor on it, any ideas where it would be ? ha come for a cruise up to cribs lata and have a look :D

Texx

Super Moderator
pretty sure i got a 3bar map sensor on it, any ideas where it would be ?

I'd guess it would have been mounted near the stock sensor, have a look above the brake master cylinder and see if you can spot anything obvious.

ha come for a cruise up to cribs lata and have a look :D

Was going to head to Asda in a bit, my stomach is just as empty as the kitchen cupboards.

OllieTurbo

Member +
cheerz for meeting up tex, about 2miles from home it started doing it again :( will try and check the connections u said to check tomorrow

cheerz bud

OllieTurbo

Member +
ummm, du mean the standard map sensor or the one that i got with the emange ? is there any way of testing to c if itis that ?

OllieTurbo

Member +
mmm, ha i just want it to work tbh ! you rekon a map sensor would be causing it to bog down then ? literally just feels like the hand brake is still on and takes ages to get up to about 4k , but still goes ok when the boost kicks :|