York Raceway RWYB 5th Of July..

SR Turbo

Lifer
Been 2 york raceway 2day and was a good day out...

a few starlets ran including idrees rummel and tayyib.

was the first time id took the glanza down the quater maile and was expecting 2 get mid 14's due 2 the fact that yorks track is generally s**t lol... but ended up coming away with a 13.96 quater mile :drive: well happy.. and i think that was the quickest starlet time of the day and i came 2nd in the group over all but onli lost out to a 330bhp renault 5 by 0.2 of a second :(

anywho here are sum picks, n im sure other ppl will have sum 2..

SDC10202.jpg

SDC10214.jpg

SDC10217.jpg

SDC10218.jpg

SDC10220.jpg

SDC10213.jpg

SDC10219.jpg

SDC10223.jpg

SDC10238.jpg

hope u like the picks... i do hahaha :)

SR Turbo

Lifer
cheers..

they were generally running low 15's to mid 14's but ill let them update with their best times :)

Rumel786

Member +
I think my best time was 14.7 :)

Im happy with teh time as its my first time on Q/M, but my reaction times were in average of 1.6 seconds lol

If i improve my take off im sure i can get in teh 13s :)

Idrees

Banned
The White forged Glanza I think.

My gear oil pissed every where, only got two runs with very bad gear changes. 15.3 and 15.8, rolling past the finish line sorta thing! Just about managed to get home!

My bro got just two runs I think, 15.4 without launching at all because of the buggered clutch.

Rumel786

Member +
The White forged Glanza I think.

My gear oil pissed every where, only got two runs with very bad gear changes. 15.3 and 15.8, rolling past the finish line sorta thing! Just about managed to get home!

My bro got just two runs I think, 15.4 without launching at all because of the buggered clutch.

Going to practise some second gear launches today after work :)

GT_Ben

Member +
Well done mate. Good time! The semi's help with 1st and 2nd then? :drive:

Wheels look wicked on your glanza as well! :cool:

Ben

SR Turbo

Lifer
I think my best time was 14.7 :)

Im happy with teh time as its my first time on Q/M, but my reaction times were in average of 1.6 seconds lol

If i improve my take off im sure i can get in teh 13s :)

just lettin u no yesterday the reaction times didnt matter... it started timing when ur wheel left the line cos on 1 run i had a 4 second reaction time cos i wanted 2 get my rev's properly 4 a launch...

thorpy

Member +
wish i had gone to this now :( didnt realise so many other starlets were going i would have been too tempted to have a few runs though and dont wana do any more damage to my diff hehe

need to get practicing anyway ive only ever tried quartermile once at santapod few months back

few of my friends went anyway got a few vids and pics some of rumel aswell http://www.sheffcruise.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22574

let me know if you can view them if not ill try posting the individual vids up or summat

SR Turbo

Lifer
wish i had gone to this now :( didnt realise so many other starlets were going i would have been too tempted to have a few runs though and dont wana do any more damage to my diff hehe

need to get practicing anyway ive only ever tried quartermile once at santapod few months back

few of my friends went anyway got a few vids and pics some of rumel aswell http://www.sheffcruise.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22574

let me know if you can view them if not ill try posting the individual vids up or summat

nah cant view em m8 u gotta be a member... post em up if poss m8.. ant any1 else got any picks or owt??

Glanza D

Member +
the silver glanza in the 1st and second pic is me :D 1st time on strip and average reaction of 0.7 :D yeah man
60ft in about 2.4-2.5 seconds
best 1/4 of 15.4 which i dont think is too bad too say i got a ct9 that wont go past o.57 bar and is laggy as anything as actuator wont close at all (standard actuator)

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/sleeper18/?action=view&current=05072009042.flv

me and the white V that ran a 14.2 on this run

personally dont think the 15.4 was too bad considering my lack of boost :D got some shit hot launches aswell

PS the XE tigra in the vid is my mates, on wanger tyres (marshal budgets) managed a 14.8

steveatyork

Member +
managed a 14.3@104mph with full interier 16's road tyres. this was my 1st ever time going down the strip.and my only run. was also on low boost 1.2bar.preety cetrain i can get into the low 13's. on high boost. apart from my gear linkage snapping. was a gd day and nice to meet some of the lads on the forum

Idrees

Banned
You boys got some good times tbh!

Glanza D I agree 15.4 is pretty damn good for what your running! And Steve, 14.3 first time ever, I'd be fucking buzzing if I got that!! Well done to Jamie as well quickest Starlet of the day. :)