You know its bad when...

ChrisGT

Member +
....PistonHeads make a seperate group in the classifieds for Starlets! They are no longer advertised under 'Other Models' as they once were - which can only mean they have gotten too popular! Could be a bad thing I reckon :(

carlos_ep91

Member +
indeed mate cant do good for the resale value of our motors only problem is now more chavs can get there hands on them and treat them like saxos!!!!!:(

dmw_86

Member +
It'll be survival of the fittest though guys. If the chavs get them and drive them like I've seen a fair few drive saxos, corsas etc, there willl not be that many left on the road after a while again anyway :p

59bhp

Member +
im not really worried about the resale value to be honest, true car enthusiasts know a shitter when they see one. Im just gonna pray over my car (like i do with all my motors) and make sure that if i ever sell it then its 100% right. I wouldnt let it go to some chav who would abuse it anyways.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day

Nwimie

Member +
i guess the numbers in the uk will go up before they start going down...

on the other hand it will be easier to look for starlets on pistonheads

smythy75

Member +
its all about tellin the chavs bugger all!!

and u do get what ya pay for, they wont get enough for there saxo's and corsa's to change to a good starlet!!

Ryno

Member +
haven't seen a GT round my way for ages! :(

Glanzas are everywhere tho :p they love to kwooze round the oneway system with 8 mates and some banging tunes through their tinny sound systems
smiley_new_lol.gif

GT_Neil

Member +
uh oh, i liked more when people have no idea what it was.

sadly a few people round here have them, who i would class as chavvy.

but are heaps really..

starbogt

Member +
even though there's quite a few around my area with starlets etc you never see them so around here we still have a rare car... never seen a Glanza in worksop!(yet)

rob_bower

Member +
^^^ well there is at least one around here andy, on a regular basis a black one but im not sure who owns it i only evey pass it on the bypass!!! but threre still few and far between. Thank god

Last edited:

tom_hunt

Member +
Theres a Chav that lives local to me and my cousin has got a yellow Glanza and he was talking to this other guy in his. He claims its runing 200bbhp with just a back box air filter and hks actuator. But still there is only one GT and 3 Glanzas that I can think of and you never ever see them

Tom

EP82

Member +
Yea there is a silver glanza owned by a chav just round the corner from my girlfriends house, no chavvy GT owners though! (it mustbe because they dont look as much like a corsa as the glanza ;) )

Beaker

Member +
It doesnt bother me at all how many starlets I see. I like my car and if other people like them too, all the better. If Ferrari Enzos were 3 grand and quite common, would you refuse to buy one. Also the more common they become, the more people will mod them (good news for Dave, Toby, et al) and more people will crash them. That means more cheap nearly new parts for the rest of us:p:p

benGT

Member +
haha, I was on pistonheads yesterday and went straight to the "Toyota Other" section and was like "WTF?! where's all the Starlets gone?!".
Then I noticed that they've been upgraded to their own section. Quite a lot in there too!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I've just had 2 weeks in the UK (1 week up in Lincolnshire and 1 week down in Cheltenham) and didn't see 1 GT or Glanza. There may be alot on pistonheads but when you look at how many other hatchbacks are for sale in the UK its a tiny percentage really.

y3Lo

Member +
if a lot of chavs did start buying them and maybe crashing them might that start to push our insurance up to?