you know you were once a starlet owner when..

Phil

Super Moderator
you know you were once astarlet owner when:

you constantly stick up for them in any motor related arguement.

you always wish the prick who has just stopped to tell you just how fast his ek9 feels since he changed the sparkplugs had been around for a run against your gt.

when you speed up instinctively when an subaru/vxr/typeR/evo/m3 rolls by only to remember they are all actually faster than you now. :(

you wish you had the money for a second car.. and your mate asks you "why?what would you get?" and you just look at him as if to say "what the frig do you THINK i would get you IDIOT!!"

lead on ye woeful past owners. lol

Phil

Derek

Lifer
When you see the fuel gauge on your subaru drop faster than the rev counter moves you wish you held onto the starlet.

Phil

Super Moderator
to mirror jay, you know you were once a starlet owner when your contacts list is still full of owners past and present lol

you also know you were a starlet owner when you have a trading section on tgtt.com. :haha:

or you drive down any bit of straight road near crossgar and say to whoever is in the car "ah.. we used to map along this road lol"

Phil

Last edited:

Derek

Lifer
When 4 years have past and you still think about it everyday. Keep an eye out for it on the road and may have found out where it currently resides and really consider going to make the owner an offer.lol

Jay

Admin
- Having saturdays to yourself feels wrong.

- You instinctively aim for the super unleaded pump.

- Paying £3 to let someone scrub your car with a grit-filled sponge is a bargain.

- You can park anywhere. The dodgier the better in fact.

- There is a thirst that even beer struggles to quench..

lingl9z

Member +
When you search your old phones/emails to find the current owner of your car to see if you can get it back!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
or you drive down any bit of straight road near crossgar and say to whoever is in the car "ah.. we used to map along this road lol"

Phil

Or i just remember doing 7k in 4th on this bend and hearing "give it a bit" from a man with ear phones on and staring at a laptop:haha::haha:

less Tax

less Insurance

more Smiling

I really miss that super un mistakable feeling as you blow past an ITR after making sure you heard vtec first;)

Dont really miss the starlet comfort though,or slippy roads:haha::haha:

Hazzagray

Member +
To mirror my other comment

When you spend the day at work on TGTT looking and talking about when you had a starlet.

When you make turbo chatter noises while driving a PURPLE 1.4 polo cos you miss it.

MentaLEP91

Member +
when every past morning you wake up and see outside the window, that the Damn polo/yaris/ibiza etc, just doesnt seem right!

when everytime you slam the gas pedal @ past 3000rpm, you have a gut feeling "its gooonnnaaaa puuuullll"....
and yet it doesnt...

lingl9z

Member +
When you find your self browsing tgtt more than people that still own a starlet and more than the forum of your current car site.