Your air filter relocation.

Danza V :D

Member +
Hey all, Going to be relocating my air filter to the front soon and wanted to see what it would look like and how to mount it.

JonnyG

Member +
X3. I should have mine done by next week, I'll fire a few pic's up sure if you don't get there before me.

Danza V :D

Member +
Haha, No worries guys :) looks like were all thinking of doing it:p . Ive heard its a great Mod, Hopefully there will be some other members on here who might share some :)

corofin12345

Member +
pretty easy, if the air con rad is still in place yee can not doe this tho.. basically its a 90 degree piece of hard pipe, a few silicone hoses and a filter then just secure filter to somewhere by any means..

i just made up mine using different pipes
30052011201.jpg

30052011199.jpg

tip

Member +
pretty easy, if the air con rad is still in place yee can not doe this tho.. basically its a 90 degree piece of hard pipe, a few silicone hoses and a filter then just secure filter to somewhere by any means..

i just made up mine using different pipes
30052011201.jpg

30052011199.jpg

What's up so if you relocate it to the front you cant drive in the rain...., right??

here is a pic of my brother's EP85
P20-02-12_14-33.jpg

Paul_JJ

Member +
What's up so if you relocate it to the front you cant drive in the rain...., right??

Of course you can drive in the rain or snow or any conditions you want as long as it's not off roading and you don't hit the flood.

Derek

Lifer
Should try and dig up cals (might get a ban for mentioning his name.lol) thread when he cable tied an insert for a hks filters to the end of a pipe or did he use a sponge.lol

not at all hope that inspired you.

i chose that filter element very carefully with the intercooler core i made as you can see they fit together perfectly. didn't have to cut the bumper at all either :)

i went with the blitz sus element because its the only filter that is lifetime, where the hks or similar need cleaning or replacement elements, and that would require taking the bumper off to gain access. with this one there is enough room i can get an airline to clean the element without having to strip half the front of the car out to get access. also being steel if it gets wet it won't saturate and stop flowing.

Tim :)

Paul_JJ

Member +
wouldnt use that flexi pipe if you paid me.... id imagine alot of turbulance in there as the turbo starts spooling

So you're saying that flexi is bad because of the turbulence? All I can say is, that it's a cheap mod and a million times better than the standard setup, However, I respect your opinion regarding my relocation. I personally don't see any harm in that flexi, it's cheap, heat resistant and flexible and indeed it does create vortex, but I don't see why not!

It might be not the best looking but it does the job pretty well.

Tim [Mr2Turbored] - has a very nice looking setup, perfectly engineered like with everything he does, indeed. Bad no AC, so it wouldn't suit me, I had to come up with an idea of relocating the filter and keeping the AC and proud to announce that I have succeeded.