Your turbo is obsolete.....again

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
What am I missing? It sounds like it should work, if it forces compressed air into your engine then surely its doing the same job as a turbo?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
it all sounds dandy hutch but the truth is it just acts as a restriction, an electronic motor doesnt spin no where near as fast enough to compress the air enough to be useful, so insted its just a big lump of metal stuck in your intake restricting more than blowing

Dave.

Member +
LOL

the guy who asks drives a civic too, what a nob head lol :D

@Hutch, it doesnt seem to bad until you really think about it, i can understand someone making the mistake of looking into it lol :D

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yea i wudnt be embarrased about it at first thought it seems like a good idea? if the compressor span fast enough to compress the air then why not.

but unfortunately its just a bit of a "ive just spent 300 quid on it so it must add bhp even tho its slowed me down" kinda thing :p

Guye

Lifer
I would figure a n/a high compression engine would actually injest more air than that unit could possibly supply. I just can't see how it would be worthwhile...maybe if the seller gave solid specs as to what makes that unit so special compared to others. Interesting, but a waste of time I would figure.

starbogt

Member +
I looked into the electric supercharger turbo etc a few years ago and the amount of power it would need to make a performance increase would flatten your battery within minutes. The ones you see for sale on ebay spin at around 25000rpm and I've seen them give and take power on cars! most N/A cars may get a benefit of around 2-3bhp if you're lucky.

starbogt

Member +
Must say they're a novel idea but you'd need some enormous batteries to make them work how we want them too