Your Views On Hks SSQV

Deano

Banned
I recently bought me a Hks SSQV on trademe for the bargain price of $300 they retail for $550 in nz it is brand new and I want to know what everyones opinions of the ssqv are on the starlet what does it sound like? Is it better then other bovs? Cheers Dean.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
I recently bought me a Hks SSQV on trademe for the bargain price of $300 they retail for $550 in nz it is brand new and I want to know what everyones opinions of the ssqv are on the starlet what does it sound like? Is it better then other bovs? Cheers Dean.
IMO its the best Bov ive seen, only thing that sounds better is a external wastegate but thats a diff story, its a very high pitched sound and its extremely loud, it dumps loud even at low boost levels and also doesnt leak boost, very very good quality and highly recommended.

Deano

Banned
Thanks mate just what I need to get hot chicks attention lol I got an auto so all I have to do is take my foot off the throttle I also got a $40 insert included in that price free

Nick@TD.co.uk

Thanks mate just what I need to get hot chicks attention lol I got an auto so all I have to do is take my foot off the throttle I also got a $40 insert included in that price free
Nice mate does sound like a great price good lad :)

Im sure you will like it i havent tested the different inserts but im told the purple and gold ones do sound different so worth a try :)

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I have one, they sound pretty good, The purple incert does make quiet a differance to the sound makes it alot more two toned and low pitched

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I own a HKS SSQ and i think its the business hold the boost perfectly no leaks one of the best BOV you can get. The sound is love or hate thing as some may say but for me its a love affair :)

jimmer

Member +
i have the gold insert in mine, and its a real high pitched noise, very nearly a screech some people have said. But i love it, the sound is class, complements the intercooler chatter very well!!

rickie

Member +
I prefer the noise of my bailey, but it is still great. Just down to your own personal preference. By the way, the gold insert is no different to the normal insert, it is only for looks, but the purple insert is different as stated before. Great dump valve tho, best out there for quality i'd say.

L900CMC

Member +
Had a baileys one and it souded good but "farted" on low revs and saw a good deal on the new ssqv so got one and am happy with it

smythy75

Member +
I prefer the noise of my bailey, but it is still great. Just down to your own personal preference. By the way, the gold insert is no different to the normal insert, it is only for looks, but the purple insert is different as stated before. Great dump valve tho, best out there for quality i'd say.

the inserts are differnt ya mad man, thay are different pitches...lol!

rickie

Member +
the inserts are differnt ya mad man, thay are different pitches...lol!

No peter your wrong, the gold insert is the same as the the stock silver one, its just for the look. The purple insert is different tho with a lower frequency sound. HKS even states this, go and look it up dude, it's all over the net.

Nick@TD.co.uk

No peter your wrong, the gold insert is the same as the the stock silver one, its just for the look. The purple insert is different tho with a lower frequency sound. HKS even states this, go and look it up dude, it's all over the net.
I did say the Purple and the Gold ones make a different noise.