What are you paying? Glanza Insurance....

J25GTi

Lifer
okay yes i did see that post above, does anyone know why they dont cover them though ?? as they even asked me on phone isit a S or V :confused:, what other companies could i try ?? are flux direct anygood ?? as the 2 cheapist quotes ive had are 1300 and 1350 and there essentially by the same company admiral and elephant arnt they?

Yeah same company, they wont cover you

Flux, and sky insurance,

im with sky, they are highly reccomended, but you have to of had a license for more than 2 years too

Paul_JJ

Member +
Where on EARTH do you get fully comp insurance under J1000???? :eek:

I am 27, 3 years no claims, no points and the best I could find is the HIGHWAY for j890 - third party, fire and theft! (it's j90 a month!! I was offered fully comp for j1700!

Let's hope next year it will be a lot cheaper!

I've searched www.confused.com and the Insurance Broker A Plan Insurance spent 2 days looking for the company who will cover Glanza V.

I made a quote for Celica Sport (Imported) 2003 190 BHP, - j650 Fully COMP!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????

Not many insurance companies will insure Glanza V.

I think for them (insurance companies) Glanza V is something like Supra or even faster! :drive:

Paul_JJ

Member +
okay yes i did see that post above, does anyone know why they dont cover them though ?? as they even asked me on phone isit a S or V :confused:, what other companies could i try ?? are flux direct anygood ?? as the 2 cheapist quotes ive had are 1300 and 1350 and there essentially by the same company admiral and elephant arnt they?

Try A Plan Insurance - 01635879910 - They are very helpful, speak in plain English and can beat a quote, just make sure you have the best quote, before you phone them! Direct number is very handy instead of 0870 :)

Hazzagray

Member +

They told me they just cant because they dont have any details on it, specifications etc but they do on the GT, go figure...
Im probably going to try sky when i get my glanza on the road.

Good luck Buddy

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
I am with Elephant at the momment for my Glanza, and originally when I insured the car on a '96 the only option was a Turbo GT (Import). Being as this was the first time I have ever insured a car I went ahead, paid etc etc and only questioned it a week or so after. I put a post in this very forum and a few people had said its fine, a few others had said I wouldn't be insured. Anyway, I rang Elephant and despite the name they said that my insurance was valid and despite the fact I didn't have a Turbo GT, it was the same. I haven't thought anything of it after 6 or so months until reading this thread again, so I rang them back up AGAIN, the woman said on the phone that I was covered for a Turbo GT.. After argueing and almost shouting at her for 10 minutes saying I don't have a Turbo GT, I have a Glanza V she went to ammend the policy and went through some of the details again, year, mileage, colour etc.. All accurate apart from the name, then she asked whether I had a Glanza V or a Glanza V (Import), obviously my car is an import so I specified the later.. After all this I was expecting her to say my policy wasn't viable and they could no longer insure me, because obviously she had acertained that I have a Glanza V (After much fustration!). Needless to say how shocked I was when she told me that my policy had been updated, and I was due to recieve a £133 refund due to the Glanza V being a cheaper car to insure than a Turbo GT.. I nearly fell off my chair. As it stands then (And I confirmed this numerous times) is insured a 1996, silver, Toyota Starlet Glanza V. Now as far as I'm concerned, I'm insured and my revised policy is winging its way in black and white.

So maybe they are now insuring them? Either way I don't care, my details are right and I'm £133 better off!

Just thought I'd share :).

J25GTi

Lifer
I am with Elephant at the momment for my Glanza, and originally when I insured the car on a '96 the only option was a Turbo GT (Import). Being as this was the first time I have ever insured a car I went ahead, paid etc etc and only questioned it a week or so after. I put a post in this very forum and a few people had said its fine, a few others had said I wouldn't be insured. Anyway, I rang Elephant and despite the name they said that my insurance was valid and despite the fact I didn't have a Turbo GT, it was the same. I haven't thought anything of it after 6 or so months until reading this thread again, so I rang them back up AGAIN, the woman said on the phone that I was covered for a Turbo GT.. After argueing and almost shouting at her for 10 minutes saying I don't have a Turbo GT, I have a Glanza V she went to ammend the policy and went through some of the details again, year, mileage, colour etc.. All accurate apart from the name, then she asked whether I had a Glanza V or a Glanza V (Import), obviously my car is an import so I specified the later.. After all this I was expecting her to say my policy wasn't viable and they could no longer insure me, because obviously she had acertained that I have a Glanza V (After much fustration!). Needless to say how shocked I was when she told me that my policy had been updated, and I was due to recieve a £133 refund due to the Glanza V being a cheaper car to insure than a Turbo GT.. I nearly fell off my chair. As it stands then (And I confirmed this numerous times) is insured a 1996, silver, Toyota Starlet Glanza V. Now as far as I'm concerned, I'm insured and my revised policy is winging its way in black and white.

So maybe they are now insuring them? Either way I don't care, my details are right and I'm £133 better off!

Just thought I'd share :).

Im still 99.9% sure they dont, just hope you never have to claim, as when they realise they will shaft you...

Ashalak

Fresh Recruit
Can't honestly see what they could do about it, it says now in black and white since I got my insurance policy details back in the post, its insured as a 1996 Toyota Starlet Glanza V, its as legal as any other insurance on any other car in that respect so I'm not worried.. To be fair though I am glad I saw you saying that in the first place otherwise I wouldn't of checked into it, just glad I did now!

J25GTi

Lifer
Can't honestly see what they could do about it, it says now in black and white since I got my insurance policy details back in the post, its insured as a 1996 Toyota Starlet Glanza V, its as legal as any other insurance on any other car in that respect so I'm not worried.. To be fair though I am glad I saw you saying that in the first place otherwise I wouldn't of checked into it, just glad I did now!

I just hope you neverhave to claim to prove it either way mate! it would be awesome if they did...

wezzel98765

Fresh Recruit
Why is everybody saying that Elephant/Admiral/Bell doesn't cover the Glanza V?

On their websites, they state Glanza S, Glanza S (Imp), Glanza V, Glanza V (Imp)

So where is the problem?

If you buy a policy, and you've told them the correct car, and they've accepted it, where's the issue?

Just spoke to Admiral/Bell/Elephant

They confirmed that as long as you click Glanza V (Imp) you ARE INSURED!!!

Last edited: