Should i go Hybrid tdo4 or jut normal td04???

gglavin

Member +
i have the hybrid tdo4 on my 5e, no lag at all & power is unreal. but for the money get a tdo4 & they are cheap

JasonG

Member +
no problem at all, i would get a decent manifold/downpipe from wepr,zisco or even speedvision, thats what im running and cant fault it at all for the money! there is a thread with everything u need to run a td04, j25tgi made it and its a really good readup, although i would say run an aftermarket ecu instead of a fpr/fcd as you will get better safer results :)

have a read of this mate:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...-list-of-parts-required-for-a-TD04-conversion.

thanks again bud:)

churcherj

Member +
the thing is aswell with the hybrids is that there isnt really much proof that they make substantial power over a stock td04l, andy forrests hybrid td04 is probably considered to be the daddy and he advised me it will probably give a 10% increase over stock. to me i dont see the point in paying hundreds for a turbo which doesnt really create that much more power. if it was me i would invest in some headwork instead but thas just my opinion :)

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
td04 suits the 4e well mate.
im forged and at 1.2bar im making 222atw with hot dyno cell.
and it makes a starlet fast enough, and it isnt laggy at all.
and has been said its a good all rounder, and suits my track time very well.
td04 with headwork and some decent mapping and your going have 230 atw and more mate, not shabby in a car that weighs 900kgs approx.

JasonG

Member +
td04 suits the 4e well mate.
im forged and at 1.2bar im making 222atw with hot dyno cell.
and it makes a starlet fast enough, and it isnt laggy at all.
and has been said its a good all rounder, and suits my track time very well.
td04 with headwork and some decent mapping and your going have 230 atw and more mate, not shabby in a car that weighs 900kgs approx.

sound bud rep added;)ye there sum yoke in a glanza/gt!!!!sum people just realize that wen its too late(civics)lol

JasonG

Member +
the thing is aswell with the hybrids is that there isnt really much proof that they make substantial power over a stock td04l, andy forrests hybrid td04 is probably considered to be the daddy and he advised me it will probably give a 10% increase over stock. to me i dont see the point in paying hundreds for a turbo which doesnt really create that much more power. if it was me i would invest in some headwork instead but thas just my opinion :)

sound man not gona get hybrid..ye sum headwork wil be done also;)

GTom TURBO

Member +
i have a td04l hybrid and made 230hp and 210 torque at a bar of boost and thats with a safe map! i bought the standard turbo from ebay for 80 quid, it only had done 25000 miles proven! sent it to cr turbos for a bigger compressor wheel and ported housing for 180 quid. Got the turbo back and rotated it myself and slapped it on! full boost is at 4 k. From what i gather its not the power it increases so much but has a bigger difference on your torque which is the thing that makes you go faster ;)

churcherj

Member +
i have a td04l hybrid and made 230hp and 210 torque at a bar of boost and thats with a safe map! i bought the standard turbo from ebay for 80 quid, it only had done 25000 miles proven! sent it to cr turbos for a bigger compressor wheel and ported housing for 180 quid. Got the turbo back and rotated it myself and slapped it on! full boost is at 4 k. From what i gather its not the power it increases so much but has a bigger difference on your torque which is the thing that makes you go faster ;)

i totally agree that its all about torque! what compressor did they use mate? seems quite cheap compared to a new hybrid td04 from a trader

JasonG

Member +

td04 is actually cheap anuf!!yep i agree with the torque!!!thanks man:)

ramses974

Member +
i have a td04-18g made by Jawharehouse ...i can compare it from my last td04l there is a difference at the same boost of 25-30hp

NOW ...
P1040395.jpg

before upgrade...
P1030982-1.jpg

i have bought an another turbo with him for my MX6 Turbo ...

ramses974

Member +
i have no power graph cause i have no shot it with my camera ...but there is a good difference... i active ly 5efhe at 5800rpm at 0.7b

JasonG

Member +
i have a td04-18g made by Jawharehouse ...i can compare it from my last td04l there is a difference at the same boost of 25-30hp

NOW ...
P1040395.jpg

before upgrade...
P1030982-1.jpg

i have bought an another turbo with him for my MX6 Turbo ...

fuckin hell!!!!say shes an animal!!!!!