Clutch is at the top of the pedal but....

liam2368

Member +
right guys and girls my clutch is right at the very top of the padal but the clutch is not slipping.

i was wondering if there is anything i can do to bring the bite point back down again? its a pain in the arse now and if it goes any higher i won't have no clutch at all.

speedvision

Member +
right guys and girls my clutch is right at the very top of the padal but the clutch is not slipping.

i was wondering if there is anything i can do to bring the bite point back down again? its a pain in the arse now and if it goes any higher i won't have no clutch at all.

there is a screw under the clutch pedal...adjust it and ur clutch will go down

sam

liam2368

Member +
hi buddy when i looked at the top of the clutch pedal there was like a screw with 2 10mm bolts at the end, but is there another one? if so what does it look like lol and will it definatly adjust the clutch so the bight point is lower?

liam2368

Member +
heres a picture i have just taken

SP_A0105.jpg

so which one is it dude? my guess is the one coming through the firewall?

liam2368

Member +
i know how to do this now i will post it very soon when i get a chance. but be warned its the most little niggly job ever!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Yeah I figured out, its simple really.

All you do is undo the 12mm nut on the screw coming through the firewall and the rubber gromet, then if you need the clutch pedal to go higher from the floor unscrew the screw and if you need the pedal to be lower simply screw in the screw, then tighten the nut back up and test the clutch.

Its a little awkward to get at but still only takes 5 minutes.;)

liam2368

Member +
bump for this topic,

i have done that and the clutch is at the very very top of the adjuster, is there anything else i can do accept for get a new clutch, the thing is the clutch has not slipped once.

liam2368

Member +
nope but that will be something i will do this weekend i think, it doesn't feel spongy or anything out of the ordinary so i have never thought about bleeding it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
shouldnt really ever need adjusting really unless its been adjusted at some other point in time.

if the biting point is in the wrong place then its definitely worth bleeding the clutch fluid through.