New idea, might have been bumped from another site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave.

Member +
Alright folks,

Just been over to UKSC and seen Enzo has introduced a lovely new search code, "getunanswered"

It returns all the topics which have been posted, which have yet to receive a reply :) Seems a good idea, allowing people to better direct their time if they're feeling particularly helpful :p

I'm sure it'll return a lot of old and unnecessary topics, but I'm certian there'll be a nice way to tweak it (for example, all topics with no answers, within the last week/X number of days)

Anyway, I saw it and thought, 'thats cool' and thought I'd share it with you all

Dave

gv1.3

Admin
good idea Dave... will add it to the inspection list and see what is involved in getting it functioning on Vbulletin.

Gryzor

Admin
Pick "Search" -> "advanced search"
in the "Find Threads with" select "At Most" and leave 0 replies.

run the search an there ya go ....feeling helpful:cool:

gv1.3

Admin
^^ works well but I think the lads are looking for a button to click that will do that automatically... maybe I can put something on the front page that lists threads without replies in a box :)

Enzo

Member +
cool :)
yea its quite a good hack, great for all the unanswered posts in our technical section, have had a good responce from our members too.

Jay

Admin
Saw you making use of it last night Geo, helps the helpful sods out there find lost souls so it's a great function mate. Nice one.

Gryzor

Admin
ok where to start and not rant...

1. Can we be allowed to create Tables please, I posted about this ages ago.
2. Twiki can we have one...none of the wikipedia junk
3. Readers wives section (no scratch that one :freddy: wrong forum)
4. A draft tutorials section check out austarlets 3 pages worth... I don't care if its how to set your mirrors up.
5. Search time displayed on the page (all the time) so I don't click search and get "please wait 1 second before clicking search" grrrr.
6. Is there any RSS ? details please.
7. Information Links section e.g. trd parts , cusco parts, blitz user guides etc.etc..
8. Lots of free stuff, girls, drink, stuff n stuff
9. Members reviews of new stuff even if its just a star rating. just a thread with the name of the part or mod and a survey ...
10. More meets/sessions in Ireland ;)

Dave.

Member +
Some good ideas in there Gryzor, I'm sure the mods will take it on board mate :)

Dave

cool :)
yea its quite a good hack, great for all the unanswered posts in our technical section, have had a good responce from our members too.

Yea, I thought it was a sweet addition to UKSC mate :)

Dave

cameroon95

Member +
Iv mentioned it before

we really should think about proper tutorials.

e.g-
]
correct layouts, with clear instructions of procedures and sections.
The ones on here are ok, but they could be better.

gv1.3

Admin
its all in hand guys...

1st and foremost you need to get the site to a point where these things are possible, it is there now.

2nd you need to tweek and being to populate... that ball is rolling.

I must advise however that this is not going to happen overnight it is an ongoing process but one that is well underway. I love the ideas flowing in as we keep adding more to our to-do list so dont ever be afraid to post suggestions :) just be aware that it unfortunately is never a matter of flicking a switch so can take a bit of time.

We are getting there !

malcolmgt

Member +
Saw you making use of it last night Geo, helps the helpful sods out there find lost souls so it's a great function mate. Nice one.

haha i am one of those lost souls and pretty much all the advice i get is from jay.

Jay = my helpful sod!! :)

Gryzor

Admin
its all in hand guys...

1st and foremost you need to get the site to a point where these things are possible, it is there now.

2nd you need to tweek and being to populate... that ball is rolling.

I must advise however that this is not going to happen overnight it is an ongoing process but one that is well underway. I love the ideas flowing in as we keep adding more to our to-do list so dont ever be afraid to post suggestions :) just be aware that it unfortunately is never a matter of flicking a switch so can take a bit of time.

We are getting there !

‘We want this! And that! We demand a share in that, and most of that, some of this, and f**king all of that! Less of that, and more of this, and f**king plenty of this! And another thing, we want it now! I want it yesterday, I want f**king more tomorrow, and the demands will all be changed then so f**king stay awake!’ :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.