1.1bar on ct9b?

just looking for the facts and peoples views on running 1.1bar on ct9 as to running 1bar with all supporting mods!
would 1.1bar really be damaging to turbo etc??
power gains or losses compared to 1bar?
just wondering as ill be gettin my car mapped with emanage in coming months and just wanna know is 1.1bar outta reach?

Foggy

Member +
Im gonna run 1.1 bar may aswell to make the most out of the emu. It will shorten the life of the turbo but if you have a ebc run a lower boost setting for daily use.

DavidAshton

Member +
Defo go 1.1 - 1.2 bar, been running it 6 month or so daily with no problems at all. As above i made 204.4 bhp

If i flick my ebc down to 1 bar it is defo slower.

End of the day its a ct9 not an expensive hybrid, there are plenty about should it fail.

yeah exactly wat i was thinking just use the ebc for running 0.7/0.8 bar for 85% of your driving! yeah cant see me gettin over 200bhp though as long as i get 180bhp on 95 octane petrol id be over the moon:)

Defo go 1.1 - 1.2 bar, been running it 6 month or so daily with no problems at all. As above i made 204.4 bhp

If i flick my ebc down to 1 bar it is defo slower.

End of the day its a ct9 not an expensive hybrid, there are plenty about should it fail.

at 204bhp you must be as quick as a hybrid?

TomS

Lifer
I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that thread for the first time a few days ago, great result. It will be interesting to see what others make at 1.1 or even 1.2

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
im running 213bhp @ 0.8 bar on my hybrid, just to add :p

I thought the 213bhp was @ 17psi (1.2bar)? :confused:

Hi, just got my starlet a few days ago. Its the quad light EP82.

It has a rolling road showing it at 213 BHP, heres the spec:

Front mount intercooler
HKS Dump Valve
FSE Adjustable fuel regulator @45 psi
Light Green 310cc Injectors
HKS Turbo Actuator
Turbo Back De-Cat custom system
Hybrid CT9 @17 psi
Samco coolant and intake hose
K&N Oil breather filter
Full Forge front mount inter-cooler
Modified Stainless exhaust manifold
Uprated high flow fuel pump
HKS fuel cut defense
Lightened fly wheel
Organic clutch
Tein adjustable gas coilovers
3G grooved and cross drilled discs
Mintex pads
Light weight Enkei alloys

DizzyDragon

Member +
Although if im perfectly honest I turned the boost up this afternoon after doing a few bits to it, and the difference wasnt 'noticable'. I knew it was pulling stronger on boost but it wasnt a jump at all.