1 bar boost fpr?

DannyBoi

Member +
Hey all just a quicky could probs find it if I searched but on phone abit hard to lol basicly I wanna know if I need a fpr to run 1bar my brother seems to think Idont but a few members said I do need one so do I is it a must ? Ta

ChrisGT

Member +
You will do mate! Seeing as the stock FPR has a pressure of 2.4Bar, and I had my adjustable FPR set to 3 with 1Bar of boost and it still was a bit lean, so almost definitely needed!

CMR

Member +
Depends, if you use an ecu like a Jam, blitz or a piggyback like the EMB etc you dont as it adjusts the fuel accordingly, if you are using the stock ecu + fcd method then yes you do need a FPR otherwise you will run lean

Blak_Mamber

Member +
FSE should be fine mate! You'll obviously need a gauge as well as a fuel rail adaptor.

I only have the FSE FPR in mine. What does the fuel rail adaptor do mate? (sorry for cutting into this thread. better than starting a new one suppose lol)

ChrisGT

Member +
You will have a rail adaptor in then mate. Its the bit that connects the FPR onto the stock fuel rail via rubber hose. Like this:

fpr4.jpg

Mine is a MINES one, so is purple. Yours will be silver I'd imagine!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
You will have a rail adaptor in then mate. Its the bit that connects the FPR onto the stock fuel rail via rubber hose. Like this:

fpr4.jpg

Mine is a MINES one, so is purple. Yours will be silver I'd imagine!

Cant view that pic at the mo, so do i need to upgrade mine or something?
I need to get a gauge aswell :(

ChrisGT

Member +
Is your FPR already fitted then mate? If it is, whoever fitted it will have had to put a fuel rail adaptor on in order to connect it to the fuel rail (although I think you can keep the stock FPR in place, but doubt they did that.)

Gauges can be bought off eBay for fairly cheap - you can either get one that screws directly into the FPR, or an inline one that goes in the fuel hose.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Is your FPR already fitted then mate? If it is, whoever fitted it will have had to put a fuel rail adaptor on in order to connect it to the fuel rail (although I think you can keep the stock FPR in place, but doubt they did that.)

Gauges can be bought off eBay for fairly cheap - you can either get one that screws directly into the FPR, or an inline one that goes in the fuel hose.

I see. Yeah mate, had mine fitted for ages but it was set to standard until i fianally made good use of it.

Ok mate, ill have a look on ebay.

Thanks for your help on that dude :)

DannyBoi

Member +
is it possible some one can measure from hole to hole on there fuel rail adapter please? allso can i keep the stock reg in or dose it have to be removed? cheers

fred

Member +
Stock reg has to be removed, the hole in the fuel rail or the hole in the adaptor which the fuel flows through?

GTnomez

Member +
chris whered ya get the mines one? looks very nice

also where are your bolts that connect the adaptor? they screwed in?