1 Bar

rickie

Member +
Just put on my friends td04 turbo yesterday. As he is not sure what boost he can run safely I advised him that 1 bar is ok as soo many people do the same and say that is usually what most call a good safe limit. He has no boost controller yet but we will adjust boost manually with actuator and boost guage (trial and error) to get it set right. 1 bar is ok isnt it? He has a JAM ecu, 4 branch manifold, turbo back system, td04 turbo, front mount.

Last edited:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
1 bar is fine if he has a manifold ecu / fmic..

i ran 1 bar for over a year with no trouble at all.

at the end of the day its down 2 the tune

rickie

Member +
Yes he has a front mount. And no he doesnt need bigger injectors or a rrfpr. The jam ecu runs way too rich for these. Trevor himself and jay both said this.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
keep the stock fpr, you only need that without a ecu.

bigger injectors probably arent needed either, but get the fueling checked as the injectors could be maxing out, i think they are just about safe at that level

rickie

Member +
keep the stock fpr, you only need that without a ecu.

bigger injectors probably arent needed either, but get the fueling checked as the injectors could be maxing out, i think they are just about safe at that level

Exactly. I really just wanted to put this post up so that he would see that a bar of boost on his setup is ok.

dantheman

Member +
1bar would be risky imo, without checking the fueling on a dyno or lambda first..

0.7 - 0.8bar would be safe in my eyes. why risk it..?

yo rickie....please check the fuelling out.....u dont want to risk the fueling

turn the boost down till u get the fuelling checked.....maybe 0.5 bar

Jay

Admin
yo rickie....please check the fuelling out.....u dont want to risk the fueling

turn the boost down till u get the fuelling checked.....maybe 0.5 bar

Yes, it's good to hear he's seeing boost again but tell him not to boost it till he gets the fuelling checked out Rickie. A bad tune will damage his engine.

Tell him to ring me asap if he needs me to check it out for him.