1 litre starlet conversion????

Just bought a 1 litre starlet '92 and want to put a gt turbo(4efte) engine it, has anyone done this or even heard of this been done? any advice welcome cheers in advance.

BallıGee

Member +
welcome to the mad house

ill try to help u will need the engine loom ecu and i think some of the vacum pipes and i think the old engine mounts hope thats a help

slostar

Fresh Recruit
1e , about time someone made a 1efte. -> 1e block bored out to take 4e pistons, custom rods. 4e/5e head. 64mm stroke 74mm bore 1100cc, massive rpm '

but yeh 4efte conversion easy, you'l need efi fuel lines and tank etc as well. since going from carb to efi

1e , about time someone made a 1efte. -> 1e block bored out to take 4e pistons, custom rods. 4e/5e head. 64mm stroke 74mm bore 1100cc, massive rpm '

but yeh 4efte conversion easy, you'l need efi fuel lines and tank etc as well. since going from carb to efi

1efte sounds like a lot more work than a 4efte conversion. will get a few pics up soon to show the progress.

slostar

Fresh Recruit
nar easy, any efi starlet will have what you need.

yeh 1efte not practical or easy option. but cool and original

monka

Member +
1e???????????
i may have missed somin in the last year, but could swear it is still a 4e?
i may be wrong though, but i've worked on a hell of a lot of cars and doesnt change that much,
pug 106's have a TUC engine from 1.1 to a 1.6, merc's have a 111 engine from a 1.6 to a 2.3.

thought the number on a toyota engine indicated its generation?

slostar

Fresh Recruit
e is the series of engine. the number is the version. so 1e is the one they made first and happens to be 1000cc then 2e 1300cc the 3e 1500cc the 4e 1300cc the 5e 1500cc

Red Hot

Member +
Try and get a front cut (half a car)

Then you got everything you need. You'll also have the bigger brakes (you can't keep driving with those tiny brakes) and you'll have the GT-T front panels witch will give the car a better look and you'll be able to use the standard TMIC.

Try and get a front cut (half a car)

Then you got everything you need. You'll also have the bigger brakes (you can't keep driving with those tiny brakes) and you'll have the GT-T front panels witch will give the car a better look and you'll be able to use the standard TMIC.

yea i think your right, im looking to get a crashed turbo cause im going need alot of parts so basically im stuck until until i find the doner car.

Jay

Admin
It would be good to see your fuel tank and fuel lines - the pump is in the tank on a fuel injected model. The carb version differs from this from what I have heard. If you can get pics we can try to comfirm if it'll be an issue mate.

slostar

Fresh Recruit
id say carb stank would lack baffels. plus it wouldnt have a return fuel line. this is usually the way on most toyotas. ep71 is like this. i dout ep82 would be any different. other ways around it, but swaping efi stuff over from efi model is easyest