14x6 Rims, What Tyres?

rmsnoel

Member +
I've aset of 14x6inch BBS rims but have no idea about tyre choice. Dave burwash has 185/60/14 falkens for good money but could I fit 195's on there and I think I want a lower sidewall profile?

Toplap

Lifer
I run a 195/60/14 Hankook Ventus RS2 for the street and a 205/55/14 Kumho Victoracer for the Weekend track events. The Hankooks are probably the best bang for the buck here in the states right next to the Falken Azenis rt-615 and the Bridgestone potenza RE050. The cost $70/per tire :)

Jay

Admin
On my last auto I was running a set of 195/45/14's and had got the handling almost how I wanted it. The 60 sidewalls I tried offered too much 'give' where it mattered if you can follow me.

It did scuff a little at the front from what I remember but that would have been coilover related more than anything.

Toplap

Lifer
On my last auto I was running a set of 195/45/14's and had got the handling almost how I wanted it. The 60 sidewalls I tried offered too much 'give' where it mattered if you can follow me.

It did scuff a little at the front from what I remember but that would have been coilover related more than anything.

wow, 45? we dont even have that sidewall offered here in the states and if you can find it they are VERY expensive :(

no one bothers carrying anything in a decent 14" tire. 13" and 15" and up you can pretty much find anything