17"

Sigma

Member +
Anyone ever sucessfully got 17" wheels to work on a GT with ultra low profile tyres?

Quite fancy using some on the track, and I've got a set of Dunlop 17" slicks off the original Evo wheels :)

Advise pleasums!

turbojim

Lifer
well bud my gt had 17s on it wen i first bought it and it hated them bein honest they kill the car in so many ways like it was a huge difference in pullin power and top speed wen i went to 15s

and the rubbin of the arches:eek: the slightest bump in the road and it would rub the whole time i hated them

wouldn go near my gt with 17s now that was a life lesson
just my 2p

gtwayne224

Fresh Recruit
there was a lad called brownster had 17's on his gt because there was too much power to run 16's the wheels kept spining up threw the gears..
heres a link..http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6169
Cruise1.jpg
3641775012a4525269999b868926438l.jpg

Sigma

Member +
Wowww.

Really, really like them...

I think some on stupidly low rubber with rock hard coileys are the way forwards :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
personally, i think 15's are a great size for the starlet. 16's at a push. after that it looks a bit funny (imo)

there's one car that totally pulls big wheels off though, and that's Enzo's red Glanza.

Foggy

Member +
17s are stupid will cause a lot of problems they will rub and kill your wheel bairings

Dan3SGTE

Member +
personally, i think 15's are a great size for the starlet. 16's at a push. after that it looks a bit funny (imo)

there's one car that totally pulls big wheels off though, and that's Enzo's red Glanza.

Couldn't really agree more......

weakboy2

Member +
TBH, i think you have some way odd ideas with your car. If you want 17"'s then you go for them mate, its your car.

Personally i wouldnt bother. 15" perfect, 16"s if you need them for brakes.

Your car would be nigh on undriveable with superlow profile tyres and rock hard coilovers, it would really piss you off.. unless you never drive it!

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
wen i got rid off my rover. i kept the wheels and put them on my gt lol

the rover
myride.jpg

and on the gt
10072008274.jpg

12072008276.jpg

i loved em but the rubing noise wo nails down a chalk board.and it made it a completely different car. for the worse. looked imense tho lol

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
ye. they do look awsome but they do spoil the handling
but if u want it to be quick (not mental quick lol) and look sweet. fare play.
i prefer my 15's now tho. as i can drop it on its ass and it handles ace. + the black and green r ace

Sigma

Member +
I like the look of the 15"s as they look purposeful, the 16"s look kinda cool but 17"s, with the right selection of wheels, will be awesome :)

I think I'm going for slipstreams on the back and subzero's on the front.

=]