$20k for an exhaust system???? DAMN

Paul_JJ

Member +
Yeah I've seen something similar. There are loads like this in Russia - google Drag Info - they install TITANIUM exhaust on the car - which is used for the spacecrafts. It's very light and it's melting point is above 3000C, very durable as well. A metal for life which will survive even if the whole car is smashed in to pieces...

AdamB

Member +
Titanium melts at around 1700C, Inconel is what is used to make turbine wheels for turbochargers. I also know a company over here which deals with Inconel for exhaust systems as well. Not too far from you Paul :)
Don't know what their prices are like, but if I get the job I'll let you know ;)

Paul_JJ

Member +
Titanium melts at around 1700C, Inconel is what is used to make turbine wheels for turbochargers. I also know a company over here which deals with Inconel for exhaust systems as well. Not too far from you Paul :)
Don't know what their prices are like, but if I get the job I'll let you know ;)

You're right actually -) I remember reading about it -) 3000F not 3000C -)))))) 45% lighter than steel, but the same strengh and it will never rust -)
Good luck with the job mate!