3 bar map sensor help please

turbojim

Lifer
well guys
i recently got a new 3 bar map senor for my profec e-01 as i broke the original one now i have plugged it in and it is still not working? my old one was broken after it was removed from the car and everything worked perfect up until i removed it but im confused as to why the new one is not working? do i need to change some settings on the e-01 or am i missing something? i used the new wiring harness i got with the map sensor also

any help would be really appreciated as im looking to get the car mapped asap and this is all that is holding me up:(

turbojim

Lifer
its not reading the boost john just says -1.49bar constant and then a little thing flashes on top of the screen saying (err) its like as if its not picking it up iv went into the settings on the e-01 and looked at the voltage the e-01 is picking up off map sensor and it says 0.00

weeJohn

Lifer
First thing I would check is that there is voltage going out to the sensor through the harness and voltage coming back from it. You can check its changing voltage as well by connecting a piece of rubber hose from the map sensor to a foot pump to check positive pressure and a syringe pulled back after connecting it to the hose for vacuum.