4efe - 5efhe help needed!!!!!!

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
hi im new to the site, ive a 95 jap ep82 non turbo, ive replaced the 4efe with a 93 cynos 5efhe, i have no spark with the 5e ecu but the car starts up but doesnt run right with the 4e ecu, i used the 4e distributor cos the 5e has an extra lead going to some sort of coil pack, i was told there is no wiring needed for this conversion, can anyone help please

weeJohn

Lifer
No wiring needed for a 4efe to 5efe, but the 5efhe is different.

You will never get a spark without the coilpack so its needs wired in. Best to get a 5efhe wiring loom and strip off what you need and fit it into your 4efe loom.

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
i still have the cynos i took the engine from, i cant find anything about the wiring on any sites, can you point me in the right direction for wiring diagrams, thanks for the fast reply

weeJohn

Lifer
the car starts with the 4efe ecu and distributor, but it doesnt run right.

Becuase the wiring for the distributor is right for a 4e ecu.

Have a look in the Awesomely Helpful Section, the electrical section has some wiring diagrams in it, but more for turbo applications, not sure about the 5efhe.

There is a Haynes manual for a 92-99 Corolla that the wiring diagrams in are really helpful as they are the 4efe engine, and you could try Tercel online for the 5efhe diagrams.

s.fagan

Fresh Recruit
jus got a starlet gi

i bought a gi but the engine blown it a 4efe 1.3 engine am wondering if 1.5 cynos engine will go in without any trouble like wiring,engine mounts and do i need a new gearbox or will the old one fit the 1.5 engine be great if anyone could help me i not too sure an dont want to buy an engine and then figure out it isnt goin to work lol thanks

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
im still trying to start my one ha it is possible tho. use the starlet mounts on the cynos engine. im using the cynos gearbox but im sure you could use the starlet one... once your not planning on driving the sht out of it! you want all the cynos wiring and ecu. ill fill you in more when mine starts.