4EFTE EP82 Distributor Pinout

Navi

Member +
Does anyone have a 4 pin distributor pinout for me? I need to know in which order the NE, G1, G2 and G- signals need to be connected to the distributor.

Thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
They all go back to the ECU mate, if you get a pin out drawing from the awefully helpful section you can see what the wire colours are at the ecu and trace them to the distributor.

Texx

Super Moderator
NE - Pin1 (white/blue wire)
G1 - Pin2 (orange/blue wire)
G2 - Pin3 (blue/green wire)
G- - Pin4 (blue/yellow wire)

Navi

Member +
Great Texx thanks.

Can you tell me how to look at the distributor to find pin1?

I mean, if im standing at the side of the car where the battery is, is pin1 on the left or the right?

Is it like this?

distributor.jpg

Last edited:

Navi

Member +
They all go back to the ECU mate, if you get a pin out drawing from the awefully helpful section you can see what the wire colours are at the ecu and trace them to the distributor.

Of course, they all go back to the ECU, but i need to find out whether NE on the ECU goes to the right pin on the distributor! (and the other 3 as well)

Navi

Member +
Ok according to you it should be:

NE - Pin1 (white/blue wire)
G2 - Pin3 (blue/green wire)

When i look at it like this:
distributor.jpg

They are like this in my connector:

G2 - Pin1 (blue/green wire)
NE - Pin3 (white/blue wire)

As you can see it seems G2 and NE are reversed. Could be because they are right next to each other as well on the ECU. Pin 20 & 21.
What do you think?

Would someone be so kind to walk to their EP82 4E-FTE motor and look at the distributor cap like in my photo above and name the wire colors for me? Would help alot!

weeJohn

Lifer
Of course, they all go back to the ECU, but i need to find out whether NE on the ECU goes to the right pin on the distributor! (and the other 3 as well)

Sorry lad, I didnt know it was a conversion you were checking.

goldenvtr

Member +
i know this is an old thread but i have an new question.. im doing a new loom on my 5efte paseo and its not sparking ( i have fault code 12 which is no NE or G signal) and im using 4efte ignitor, coilpack and distributor spliced into a 5efe loom with 4efte ecu

would having no NE signal (engine rpm) result in the ignitor not producing a spark?

i have spotted a wiring issue i have ne and g2 on the distributor mixed but still need to know the answer to that question

thanks in advance!

goldenvtr

Member +
I believe it would either not spark, or be sparking at the wrong time therefore not firing.

Cheers. There deffo no spark atall at the moment. Willb have another play tonight.

On a similar note i nearly have the 4efte ecu running on a 5e distributor. Only thingbis the 5e dizy has 2 ne- pins.. would one of these be the equivilent of a g or g2 on the 4efte ecu?