5e-fte info's

Bananajoe888

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys
I'm from Austria and i would be the First in my Country, who build a 5e-fte for a Starlet ep91.
Now i have some questions to you, cause no one of my friends can tell me, what problems does the conversation will take..
a lot of people told me, that the crankshaft will break? is this really true?

my plan is, to rebuild a complete Engine, with forged pistons and rods and so on..
first i will usw the standart ct9 turbocharger, but later i plan to use a TD04 turbo.

Max. HP i want to have is 200-250HP
Is this possible? or should i rebuild a normal 4e-fte???

can you give me some infos and help??

-->sry for my bad english^^

Greets Marcel

Navi

Member +
No you would not. And no, don't need a 5e-fte for 200hp, a regular 4e-fte can do this all day long on a td04.

thefalls

Member +
And the 5E is so much better to drive off-boost. Assuming that you are going low compression with the build.

Bananajoe888

Fresh Recruit
Thx you all for you help
AdamB says exactly, what i'm thinking of... 5e has a litte bit more torgue...

Does the 5e have critical problems??

goldenvtr

Member +
Then I highly recommend a 5e with tdo4 you'll have an EASY 200 bhp but more importantly about 230ibft torque at as little as 0.9 bar boost and boost from 1800rpm with, decent ecu setup.

That's just one of the many setups ive had on myn5e so far lol

Have a search for some of my 5e posts as I've uploaded a few graphs of this setup

Bananajoe888

Fresh Recruit
thx golenvtr

later i do td04, i'm sure
but first i want to use standart ct9 with standart 4e-fte peformance .... max 2500rpm and 1000-2000km to let the engine run perfekt later

goldenvtr

Member +
agreedm bedding in an engine requires heavy load, ive send you a massiv PM with laods of info but i recomend sticking the td04 striaght on, the ct9 will strangle a 5e