5e fueling questions

rwdrev

Member +
been thinking about what injectors to use on the 5e build.

quick spec-

ross flat tops 74.5
scat rods
acl shells
polished crank, then balanced
ported head
1.9 head gasket
standard cams
cruise springs
top mount gt2871r turbo
3" system
hoping to run 2 bar

what size injectors would i need to run?

elison

Member +
Something above 800cc so that you could have piece of mind when it comes to injectors. Injectors from a mazda rx7. Im running 650cc's from them on the stock fuel rail with no problem. Now im planning on going to ID1200 together with e85 and the new garrett GTX2867r turbine.

AdamB

Member +
You have to be careful, big injectors on small engines don't go down well.

What engine management are you going to use? Your going to need something good for sure.

weeJohn

Lifer
That management could give you problems at idle. Maybe try something a bit smaller and a higher fuel pressure.

elison

Member +
If you are using a ultimate the use some 550's. go big if you have a standalone or something better that can handle the bigger injectors. I did 500's with the e blue and aftr that i bought a haltech sprint 500 with 800's

rwdrev

Member +
ok, il go for 550's and shy of 2 bar. should be plenty powerfull enuf. its only a road car, anything more and it will be a waste. Cheers for the help lads :D

AdamB

Member +
Who's going to map it?
You don't want to be running anymore than 4.5 bar fuel pressure as it becomes harder for the ecu to control the injectors. I think you may max out the injectors somewhere around 1.5/1.6 bar on that turbo.

rwdrev

Member +
undecided yet. il see how it goes. ill be happy with what ever i get, anything is better than nothing at the moment, lol.