5E inlet and cams Upgrade????

skevosEP91

Member +
hello guys!!!!

I wonder if a 5E inlet and cams would work beter than the 4E ones on a forged 4E VF30 setup????? :confused:

The car is about to boost up to 1.6-1.7 bar!!!!

With 5E inlet and cams i am about to see any difference in hp or torque or lag??? Some guys here said that it will be better at top end but it will be a little lagier in low rpm!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance and any info will be aprecciated!!!! :)

5e colin

Member +
the 5e cam is same as 4efe 4efte

its only the 5efhe cams that are small bit better

my opinion do not waiste ur time with them at 1.7 bar and fit a desent set off high lifts and raise the rev limit a bit too :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
i always thought the 4efe and 5efe were the same and it was the 4efte and 5efhe that were the same?

i may well be wrong though!!!?

GP82

Member +
Some guys here said that it will be better at top end but it will be a little lagier in low rpm!!!! :rolleyes:

This is correct.

Stock cams are good upto 7500rpm in terms of it's ability to feed enough air and fuel into the engine, however you will benefit from the 5efhe cams if you plan to rev upto 8000rpm with your setup.

5e colin

Member +
no dac69er only the 5efhe , 4efte is a NA head with stronger springs thats all

some say that the gen2 4efe cams are a tat difrent to but i dont think so not when i measured them off a euro spec ep9
i only checked lift with a gauge didnt check duration would not know how to measure that ha ha

weeJohn

Lifer
The ACIS manifold works well, it gives a good torque curve at low revs. You need a way of controlling the change over from long to short runners. If you dont have a standalone ecu that can provide an output, you will need another method. There are a few ways of doing it, search to see what you can find, I use a shift light controller and like that as its easy to adjust.

weeJohn

Lifer
You will only see a bigger increase in torque at lower revs, the gains of the shorter runners at top end revs are minimal.

skevosEP91

Member +
thank u all guys for the replies!!!! I will see what it will make in comparisson with the 4efte intake and if it not output as I want i will go back to standar intake!!!! ;)

5e colin

Member +
thats a win win situation acis gives more torque low down and a bit more top end to depends how big the turbo is