93 Starlet Rear Brakes

Silent_night88

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys, i know my posts show me as a noob on this site...but im from TercelOnline...i know there are some guys that talk trash about you guys...but i dont see why

but im looking for alittle help....im still trying to get used to yalls site...so forgive me if i post a very frequent question...

I am purchasing a 93(?) starlet rear axle to put on my 96 tercel and i had a couple questions...

1. Where can i order some rear rotors (discs)?
2. Are the rear rotors (discs) the same size as the fronts?
3. What are some good brake pads to use?

i would appreciate any help with this...THANKS GUYS

by the way...

i drive a 1996 Toyota Tercel with a EP-91 ECU and EP-91 4efte

Jay

Admin
Welcome along to the site bro, it's been a while since I've been near Tercel Online but they all seemed a pretty friendly bunch.

1. Over here we can use Toyota but seeing as the US dealer network don't order non-domestic parts that probably isn't an option. The other obvious sources would be ebay, our site traders or you might even pick up a fresh set in our Classifieds Section occassionally. At any rate it's just a case of finding someone willing to ship to the States - postage can be very expensive once you go over 2kgs.

2. No, they are smaller. Two different versions exist : ABS and non-ABS. The difference is the toothed ABS ring that the sensor reads.

3. Rear brakes generally don't do a lot on the EP. I usually stick with genuine Toyota pads at the back but Blueprint do cheaper versions and there are some performance pads on the market too if you feel the need. Check with our traders to see what's on offer.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Silent_night88

Fresh Recruit
Thanks alot!!! I will definately lookin to the traders section and see if maybe someone is selling some discs and are willing to ship to the states...cause i know customs can be a b****...

Also...do you have any sources that are selling the TD12? I am wanting to purchase one....but they do not sell them around here... :( only TD04 L and H's and T3/T4s