A what clutch thread

durmz

Member +
Ok so i know this is annoying as hell but i dont know what clutch to get. Ive got like max 300 quid, im on ct9 at a bar but i may go td04 eventually, so itl need to handle like 230 max but with loads of abuse thrown at it.

Wanted a spec 6 but dint realise theyre like 340 after vat and stuff

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Exedy Paddle Clutch, will handle all your needs ... especially if you go TD04 and up the boost. It will take all the abuse you can throw at it.

I can do these for £285 Delivered in the UK.

durmz

Member +
Yeah that was quite an obvious choice but ive never heard much good about them, ie very juddery if you dont have flywheel skimmed? What do you think iain?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Yeah that was quite an obvious choice but ive never heard much good about them, ie very juddery if you dont have flywheel skimmed? What do you think iain?

I drive one everyday mate, they can juddery yes but thats a small price to pay when owning a performance car i suppose. Doesnt bother me that much at all but may bother others. At that power you need something thats more than able for the job + more just incase you want more from the car in the future.

kieran.s gt

Member +

its not that juddery in fairness use a little more revs when taking off and its okay

durmz

Member +
Yeah thats a pretty fair point. So just have to do slightly harder take offs then, cant be massive deal. Seems like the deal

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
use more revs tom, it be fine, i got used to it.
exedy clutches just use more revs, you get used to it, but when banging in a shift quickly its luvly.

durmz

Member +
exedy ordered. sorry iain with oil and some wiper blades i need i couldnt refuse camskills prices, thanks for the advice folks.

lol jay, ure not my daddy haha

churcherj

Member +
im in the same boat as you mate, want the spec 6 with a light flywheel or the blitz active, but cant decide really, had a drive in my mates with the exedy paddle and i dont wana put u off as others swear by it, but personally i hated it, was very harsh and juddered so much! seems like a beast of a clutch tho and will handle pretty much anything, if you can handle the judder lol u can get the spec 6 for 279.99 at tuning developments?

steveep82

Member +
Just put in a exedy paddle clutch and its really nice, nice hard bite, light pedal, not really any juddering at all from the few miles ive done so far

durmz

Member +
Churcher thats what i went for, but i didnt realise you need to add vat and paypal charges to that, which comes out at 340

churcherj

Member +
Churcher thats what i went for, but i didnt realise you need to add vat and paypal charges to that, which comes out at 340

ahh feck, am in the process now of speaking to spec themself, he said he can send the spec clutch at $349 so quite cheap if you order direct, and he said around 40 extra for shipping. so comes at around $400 so like 250 quid and charges so probs around the £270-80 mark, he also said he would make me a custom billet light flywheel but hasnt got back to me about a price yet! the blitz active looks the tits but also quite alot and heard people having problems with the release bearings?

durmz

Member +
Yea but same again turboloon, some people have run them and theyve been fine, and some have got then through and said there incredibly shit build quality and the pads arent even flat