ABS codes

andy85

Member +
i disconnected both abs sensors from beside the wheels on the drivers front and the passengers front.needless to say,both senors were covered in metal filings!!!:mad:cleaned them with a wire brush gently and connected them back up.still the abs light was on so i put the jumper in between Tc and E1 after removing the short pint connector.after the flash coding it gave me codes number 32 and 31??!speed sensors?:confused:

Fatman

Member +
You will need to reset the ECU to clear the codes, remove the battery negative for a while and then reconnect. ABS sensors are very finicky things, good luck!

Jay

Admin
You may need to drive it for a bit to clear the faults, seen them stick in the memory for a while before.

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you tried clearing the codes? i.e. operating the brake pedal 8 times within 3 seconds with Tc and E1 shorted and the short pin removed.

Sometimes as Jay said the ABS ECU can be a bit temperamental and the codes won't clear first time, so you need to cycle the ignition off and then back on and operate the brake pedal 8 times before the ABS ECU starts to flash out the stored codes. When operating the brake pedal, make sure you allow the pedal to return to it's full rest position each time to make sure the brake light switch goes to open circuit.