abs light

liamgtturbo

Member +
recently ive been having problems with my abs comin on and off. did a fault finder and the code is 23- open or short circuit in position 2 solenoid right rear. since then ive cleaned th 2 sensors but not the hubs. any ideas where the solenoid is or located on a mk1 ep82 or is there a different reason. thanks liam

Jay

Admin
The solenoids are inside the pump from what I know Liam. I'd guess a fresh pump would be the easiest solution if it refuses to clear the fault code.

Jay

liamgtturbo

Member +
ok thans mate yes the light doesnt go off, but any ideas how to reset the abs. u wudn have a abs pump mate if i need 1

mickyboy

Member +
Im not sure if you might be as lucky as my mate but his ABS light come on the other day so we took his wheels of the front and pissted about with the ABS sensor and it has gone off and never come back on so maybe give that ago theres no harm in trying lol

Jay

Admin
Bring it to me and I'll see if we can work it out together Liam. It's hard to diagnose ABS hassles over the net. Best if I can see the car firsthand.

Besides I do like the odd headmelter to keep me amused!

Jay

liamgtturbo

Member +
sorry only really gettin time to get a proper look, il ave a look first, if not il bring her down again see what you think urself, mots up shortly so itl need to be fixed. il contact u anyways jay, and mickey thanks lad.

liam