actuator problems/boost creep

mike g

Member +
my actuator is starting to as the tool as somedays it will hold the boost correctly and other days it boosts 1bar on hi and upto .8 on low!! it was grand all last week but started to play up again all day today!! i have a HKS actuator ready to put in but i having a problem getting the efi intake pipe off the turbo!! there is a clip on it and everything that i have used hasnt worked!! its one of them clips that is on the vacumm pipes!! one of the ones you have to push together to open!! i have tried it 3times and still no joy!! so any helps lads as i need to get this sorted a.s.a.p.
anyone who has fitted an actuator please let me know how you got yours off!!

Chris@CCM

Member +
my actuator is starting to as the tool as somedays it will hold the boost correctly and other days it boosts 1bar on hi and upto .8 on low!! it was grand all last week but started to play up again all day today!! i have a HKS actuator ready to put in but i having a problem getting the efi intake pipe off the turbo!! there is a clip on it and everything that i have used hasnt worked!! its one of them clips that is on the vacumm pipes!! one of the ones you have to push together to open!! i have tried it 3times and still no joy!! so any helps lads as i need to get this sorted a.s.a.p.
anyone who has fitted an actuator please let me know how you got yours off!!
u can do it with the efi pipe on mate

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
good luck with that on a glanza, it's a hell of a lot tighter than the gt's.

Use a grips if its that type of a clip mike

mike g

Member +
ya but there's no real room to get anything in there as the clip is facing at the back of the pipe!! i really need to get it off!! i soaked it in wd40 and dont know if that will even make a differance!! if i can do it without taking off the efi i will but need some help and suggestions lads!! cheers!!

Chris@CCM

Member +
ya but there's no real room to get anything in there as the clip is facing at the back of the pipe!! i really need to get it off!! i soaked it in wd40 and dont know if that will even make a differance!! if i can do it without taking off the efi i will but need some help and suggestions lads!! cheers!!
if u live any were ner me mate i would have fitted it for u . try spliting the clip with a fine pick or somthing like that . the efi pipe can be a real pain to get back on too

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
ya i do!!

Right,it'll be a bit harder then,Take off the normal dual core rad,tmic pipe,and generally anything thats hindering you.this helps a lot if its jacked up, and you should be able to geet at it from underneath

If you still can't get at it then, drop the cat,turbo and acuator all in one

mike g

Member +
ya i will give that a go then tomorrow!! hopefully this will sort it as i really have to get that stock one off!! i also have a FCD to put in!! what setting should it be set to 8/9?? i have a rrfpr going in next week aswell!!

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Gtturbojustwashed016.jpg

Gtturbojustwashed015.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what you should be looking at

ChrisGT

Member +
The efi pipe is a bitch to get on and off, hate having to do it! Just get under your car, and 1 person in the bay and work 2gether to get it off - thats how I managed to get it on and off!

mike g

Member +
ya thats a good idea and i might give that one a go as it sounds like it will work for me!! hopefully anyway!! i really thought i was going to fly through doing this and then this bastard of a bit had to turn up!!