Advertisers piss me off

Beaker

Member +
I was just trawling through Pistonheads looking at the adverts and was astonished to see some of the crap that people put in adverts. Firstly if I am selling my car I make sure that the advert is in readable english. I wouldn't even bother ringing up an advert if it was all txt spk n itz mint bruv.
Then people who say there car is mint piss me off. Mint means like new - perfect. I doubt there are many - if any starlets that can honestly be called mint. Yes they may be in very good condition but mint is now used all the time and they are not f**king mint!
People also say yeah its mint except for this and that. Well then its not mint is it. Its a shed.
Also I laugh at the ads that say things like, "pulls away from a so and so up to 130". So you mean you thrash the nuts of your now knackered car so you are selling it before it blows up.
If you want to sell your car spend half an hour sorting out the advert so it reads correctly, has decent pictures in daylight not murky snaps in twilight. A bit of time doing a good advert will bring a higher price for your car.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i made a good effort for an advert for my mx5 when it was for sale and got no interest at all apart from some fool that offered me £200 cash :(

i think that people would try harder if pistonheads charged for advertising. any nobhead can advertise on there for free so they probably think why make the effort if it costs nothing!?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
at least when you see adverts like these you know its probably a shit car or trashed and you keep clear! so its good too! :)

If they can't even bother to advertise properly their car is most likely shit. And probably not looked after at all.

Only time I would waste my time going to see a car badly advertised is if I need a car quickly or it's a decent looking car and maybe rarish.

And when idiots use text talk, that really does my head in. Text talk is for retards in my opinion.

AdDaMan

Member +
i made a good effort for an advert for my mx5 when it was for sale and got no interest at all apart from some fool that offered me £200 cash :(

i think that people would try harder if pistonheads charged for advertising. any nobhead can advertise on there for free so they probably think why make the effort if it costs nothing!?

you do have to pay for premium adverts now, fookin £12 the robbin bastids! you get more pics and further up in the searches etc..