Advice on tyres, fast road use and to elimante wheel spin or help to?

mad_max926

Member +
im after 2 new front tyres i am running 207bhp and 193ftlb of torque.

im currently using toyo t1r tyres which are good but im wondering what others are using and how you find them? my tyres are 195 45 15.

im getting a lot of wheel spin on boost until about half way through 3rd gear. im not fussed on hard or soft tyres as i dont mind changing them more often to gain that but extra performance.

what do you guys recommend/use im a enthusiastic fast road driver. is there better tyres availabe?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have similar power to you mate and i get very little wheelspin. i use t1r tires, 195 50 15

what tire pressures do you use? what suspension do you have and have you had your alignment set correctly?

mad_max926

Member +
yer mate i have a fast road set up on the bc coil overs i have the setting to around ten clicks up from soft as if i set it on maximum getting off in 1st gear without it bogging down and spinning is alwful . i find with the softer setting the car has some body roll and i can launch easier in 1str but i can feel it might be better to stiffen it up a little?, unsure on tyre pressure will have to check what do you recommend?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have tien super streets on mine which are pretty soft, but grip is really good as the suspension actually works on the roads ;)

as for tire pressures i use anything around 30-32 psi. as said, i dont have any problems with wheel spinning in the dry, apart from a bit in 1st gear obviously

Lawrence

Member +
I put a set of Uniroyal rainsports on mine and i think i like them better then the Prada spec 2s i had personal preference i guess. Just try loads out lol

mad_max926

Member +
mine spins form 4k to red line in 1st 2nd and half way through 3rd? its gastly in the wet lol are you using that pressure all round front and backs? i might stiffen the suspension a little.

madman

Member +
get a set of toyo r1r's or bf goodrich g-force profilers great tyre's obviously the r1r's will be more expensive and wear quicker and are actually quite good in the wet

Paul_JJ

Member +
I would highly recommend Dunlop Sport Fast Response - very very good tyres, amazing grip in the rain, even in snow, best tyres for DRY braking in it's class, also aquaplaning resistance. And they last longer than Toyo - better than Toyo in all way! Cost more but last longer!

Murray

Member +
Learn to drive.
I have alot more power and torque, and my car doesnt spin into 3rd gear in the dry?
Plus i use cheap sh*te tyres..............
Also suspension plays a huge part in traction.
IMO your tyre profile is to small aswell. Go up to a 50 profile

Murray

Last edited:

Sparky

Member +
LSD and anti-lift kit.

Even with a diff it will spin in 3rd, full throttle about 4500rpm in mine it would light them up in the wet.