advise needed on forged 5e and q16

chinesemafia

Member +
so the comp ratio chosen for this build was 9:1 mainly for responce

the engine is fully forged 5efhe

turbo is TD05 HR 16 g 9.8 T target boost is 1.7 bar

do you guys think the combination of 1.7 bar of boost on 9:1 comp ratio with q16 could work safely ?

Skalabala

Member +
I have heard stories that Q16 is very corrosive.
You should test on dyno what works best for you if you have that spec of engine.
Are you from St.Lucia South Africa?

GP82

Member +
If your management enables you to control spark timing, you will be fine. That setup is very similar to a friend's Evo3 GSR with 4G63 engine; 9.0:1 cr and td05H16 turbo. Anything over 1 bar boost on friend's Evo3 with the jdm spark map and 99 octane fuel and the knock sensors feedback with signs of pinking, but with the Q16 you should be fine as long as the tune is spot on.

chinesemafia

Member +
thanks for the repliese so far guys
im not concerned about the quality of q16 as iv used it befor and i no its verry good .
(from VP Racing ) Q16 is simply the best drag race fuel ever made. And coming from VP Racing Fuels, that’s a big statement. Q16 represents true world class technology. With more power, octane and consistency, Q16 will work well not only in drag racing, but circle track and off road, spanning the application range better than any fuel ever made—from naturally aspirated to nitrous to blowers. It’s recommended for engines with compression ratios up to 17:1.

as for my original question:do you guys think the combination of 1.7 bar of boost on 9:1 comp ratio with q16 could work safely

its based on a thread started by spuddy who was trying to calculate what he needed to get his comp ratio down to 7.6 : 1 to run 1.8 bar on his 5e

is it a case where the 5e cant handle such boost with 9:1 comp?

artmull

Member +
thanks for the repliese so far guys
im not concerned about the quality of q16 as iv used it befor and i no its verry good .
(from VP Racing ) Q16 is simply the best drag race fuel ever made. And coming from VP Racing Fuels, that’s a big statement. Q16 represents true world class technology. With more power, octane and consistency, Q16 will work well not only in drag racing, but circle track and off road, spanning the application range better than any fuel ever made—from naturally aspirated to nitrous to blowers. It’s recommended for engines with compression ratios up to 17:1.

as for my original question:do you guys think the combination of 1.7 bar of boost on 9:1 comp ratio with q16 could work safely

its based on a thread started by spuddy who was trying to calculate what he needed to get his comp ratio down to 7.6 : 1 to run 1.8 bar on his 5e

is it a case where the 5e cant handle such boost with 9:1 comp?

The combination of 9.0:1 CR plus 1.7 bar is no problem for a 5E to handle. Here in Florida using Q16 plus 9.0:1 CR this particular car was tuned to 2 bar. Pauter rods & CP pistons, AFR'S were between 11.9 and 12.1

Last edited: